PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 24 - March 27, 2013

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 24 - March 27, 2013
March 27, 2013 08:01AM
Day 24 - Psalm 16:10 & Acts 2:27-31 - March 27, 2013

THE MESSIAH WILL BE RAISED FROM THE DEAD

THE PROPHECY

v 10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
{Psalm 16:10}

In this Psalm, King David is prophesying not only about the death of the messiah {suffer thine Holy One to see corruption} but also about the resurrection of the Holy One {wilt not leave my soul in hell}.

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
v 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
v 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and
buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
v 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of
his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
v 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his
flesh did see corruption. {Acts 2:27-31}

“For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth“. {Matthew 12:40} Three days and three nights, in the climate of the middle east and given the burial practices of that time, one would surly think that a body would see corruption {decay} as Lazarus did in John 11:39 {“Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.”}, yet we all know that God’s word is true and that there is not shadow of turning with our Father. God said that He would resurrect His son from the grave {Mark 16:6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.} and that His son, our Lord Jesus would not see corruption. Corruption {decay} comes from a sinful nature. Our Lord “became sin” on the cross, yet there was no sin in him - he is pure and has not a sinful nature.

As a wee laddie, the church that I attended had a sunrise service every resurrection Sunday {at a grave yard} and I would get up and go, still ¾ asleep. No one ever told me what it was all about except someone was going to be raised from the dead. When I didn’t see anything or one raise from the dead, I figured that I had just missed it because almost everyone else seemed so happy and full of joy. This just made me more determined to see someone raised from the dead next year, but which one? There were so many graves. How could I ever watch every one of them? Well as I became more seasoned in life and began to know of Jesus, I kinda figured out that He was the one who people were looking for. { Romans 8:34 “Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”}

After a period of seasoning went by and I began to know my Lord Jesus, I don’t have to wait for “Resurrection Sunday” anymore, for my Lord rises each and every day in my heart. I feel the joy and excitement of another day with my saviour and Lord.

I’ll leave you with this from I Peter 1:21-23
v 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
v 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
v 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login