PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 19 - March 16, 2016

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 19 - March 16, 2016
March 16, 2016 07:06AM
Isaiah 53:9 & Matthew 27:57-60 - March 16, 2016 - Day 19

BURIED IN A RICH MAN’S TOMB

THE PROPHECY

v 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Isaiah 53:9

If we really look at this prophecy by way of Isaiah, we will see that it is a double prophecy. Think back just a few days to when my sweet wife wrote about our Lord Jesus hung on the cross and that he was crucified with others who were truly sinners. Crucifixion was meant to kill those who were being crucified. What do think happened to the sinners who were crucified with our Lord? They died and were lain in graves {“And he made his grave with the wicked“} just as our Lord was lain in the grave of a rich man {“and with the rich in his death“}

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 57 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:
v 58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.
v 59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,
v 60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed. Matthew 27:57-60

Joseph of Arimathaea was a rich man according to the world, and must have known that he was coming to the end of his days on earth or he would not have commissioned a new grave hewn from a rock {as a youth or even a young to middle aged adult our thoughts are not on death and the grave - we‘re invincible. I often wonder if these people felt the same way}. Yet even as disciple of Jesus he knew that all his riches were nothing compared to the riches of the man that he was laying in his tomb {I don’t believe that Joseph knew that his tomb would again be empty in three days therefore ready for his use}.

Something to think about; knowing what the Jews knew then, would you be willing to give up your grave to someone that you thought was the promised messiah, when all those around you are telling you that this was just a great rabbi but not the messiah, the son of God. Or can you believe and trust on this “man”, that you will be raised from the grave and given a new body and will have eternal life with him and his father? As Paul said I don’t know if I’ve it yet but I continue to strive for the mark of the high calling. This is me in this day and age, I’m not even close to Paul but “I don’t know if I’ve it yet but I continue to strive for the mark of the high calling. “

Are you striving with me?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2016 08:47AM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login