Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN THREE MONTHS - October 2, 2018

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN THREE MONTHS - October 2, 2018
October 02, 2018 10:02AM
October 2 - Read Matthew 4 - 6

As we read through the Bible, be open to what the Holy Spirit might be speaking to you in these chapters. There is much hidden in His Word and much He desires to speak to us whether it is just to confirm His Word or to speak a "now" word to us individually. As I was reading these chapters this morning it was placed on my heart to look up the names of the first four disciples that Jesus choose. Since the New Testament was written in Greek let us keep that in mind. Come see where the Lord took me:

In Matthew 4:18-21 you will find the four disciples that Jesus called out to follow Him. Their names and meanings of their names are below:

Simon - means "he has heard"
who was called Peter which is a name given to him by Jesus and means "stone."

Andrew (Peter's brother) - English form of Greek name Andreas and means "manly, masculine."

James - Greek form of Hebrew name "Jacob" and whose Hebrew meaning iis "may God protect."

John (James brother) Greek derived form of Hebrew name "Yochanan" meaning "Yahweh is gracious."

So these meanings are:

He has heard
Stone
Manly/masculine
May God protect
Yahweh is gracious

Please allow me to take the liberty to share what I sense the Lord was speaking to me in this:

To those who will hear/listen, God has sent forth Jesus who is our cornerstone, the Rock of our salvation. He has come to all mankind to give not only salvation to mankind but to also protect him from the wiles of the enemy. Why did God do this? Because He loves us and through Christ Jesus, Yahweh God has taken us from the Law (the Old Testament) into the Administration of Grace (The New Testament).

Something to think about. Be open. Ask to hear His message for you this day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login