Advanced

PROPHESY & FULFILLMENT - Day 12 - March 15, 2013

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHESY & FULFILLMENT - Day 12 - March 15, 2013
March 15, 2013 08:24AM
Day 12 - Psalm 22:7-8, Matthew 27-39-40 - March 15, 2013

THE PROPHESY:

“All whose me laugh at me and mock me; they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted and rolled himself on the Lord, that He should deliver him. Let Him deliver him, seeing that He delights in him!” Psalm 22:7-8

THE FULFILLMENT:

“And those who passed by spoke reproachfully, and abusively and jeered at Him, wagging their heads, and they said, You Who would tear down the sanctuary of the temple and rebuild it in three days, rescue Yourself from death. If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.” Matthew 27:39-40

When we look at this psalm of David, it is estimated that it was written about two hundred years before the birth of Christ. Could it have been that David was privy to the fact that he was prophesying about the coming Messiah or was it a mystery to him that these words were prophetic? Perhaps one day we can ask him for ourselves. While it might have been unknown to David how prophetic these words were, it is very clear to us today that Jesus’ sufferings were the fulfillment of those prophetic words written hundreds of years before His birth.

Philippians 3:10 reads, “that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death..” Many of us could say that we have had the fellowship of His sufferings, especially in relationship with this verse in Matthew 27. Have you had those who have laughed at you and mocked you because you said you were a Christian? Has persecution come your way in the form of adversity and others mock you saying if you’re a child of God then why isn’t God delivering you from this adversity? Perhaps you’ve even asked God yourself why you are going through so many trials, and why hasn’t He made your life easier? I have to confess I have. As a matter of fact, just this morning He and I were having a little go round as adversity has hit my husband and I once again and I questioned God, “Why God? Why?” I heard no reply. And then I came to do this devotional…

You see, Beloved, as we give our hearts to the Lord and desire to be faithful to our Lord Jesus Christ, we, too will go through many of the things He did. We will partake of the fellowship of His sufferings as we read of in Philippians 3:10, reaching for the goal that Paul sought in verse 11 of that book, “If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.” To be like the Lord in spirit, soul and body. What we are going through right now is the means to the end, the end that brings us to everlasting life with our first Love, Christ Jesus. You might think the cost is too great but don’t let the enemy deceive you. Jesus gave His all for you. Can we not, in turn, give our all for Him?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login