Advanced

PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 21 - March 24, 2013

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 21 - March 24, 2013
March 24, 2013 09:00AM
Day 21 - Psalm 35:11-12 & I Peter 2:22-23 - March 24, 2013

THE PROPHECY

v 11 False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.
v 12 They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul. Psalm 35:11-12

According to Jewish custom {I’m not sure if it’s a law} when two or more agree on something, it is established {Matthew 18:16}. This very fact, leads me to believe that our Lords words in Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them“, is rooted in this very custom/law.

In Psalm 35:11-12, King David is proclaiming what will happen at the so called “trial” of the messiah before the Sanhedrin. The High Priest had many false witnesses come and charge Jesus with many different things of which “things that I knew not. “

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
v 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: I Peter 2:22-23

When was the last time you were falsely accused of something? Did you get angry and try and defend yourself? Want to get even with your accuser? Threaten them? - umm - human ‘nature’.

Our heavenly Father wants us to be above all of that, just as His son, our Lord was. He spoke not to or at His accusers. Jesus did no even revile his accusers {Webster’s defines - revile as - to say harsh or abusive things to or about someone or something.} We must break and bury the “old man” nature that we all carry within us, so that the glory of our Lord can show forth through us, the living epistles.

I want and need our Father in my life. I want to do his will and not my will every moment of every day. Unfortunately, I fail every day as my “old man” nature comes in and I try again to impose my will over the will of my Father {every time I do this, I know and I do fail in whatever I was attempting to do}. Praise God for His mercy and grace without which none of us can live.

BLESSED BE THE NAME OF OUR LORD!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login