Advanced

PROPHESY & FULFILLMENT - Day 25 - March 28, 2013

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHESY & FULFILLMENT - Day 25 - March 28, 2013
March 27, 2013 10:18PM
Day 25 - Deuteronomy 18:18, John 12:49 - March 28, 2013

THE PROPHECY:

“I will raise up for them a prophet (Prophet) from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.” Deuteronomy 18:18

THE FUFILLMENT:

“This is because I have never spoken on My own authority or in My own accord or as self-appointed, but the Father Who sent Me has Himself given Me orders [concerning] what to say and what to tell.” John 12:49

There were many prophets before Jesus and many after Him but none could compare to Him for He was the only Son of man who was without sin. As we read the spoken words of Jesus we know that we can take them to the bank, that these words are priceless and perfect coming from the very throne of God. If we do not treasure these words of Jesus then we are missing the majesty and power of His words.

In watching the Passion of the Christ last night I was struck by the few words that came forth from Jesus’ mouth. Had that been me, I’m afraid I would have been pleading my case of innocence with a loud and active voice. Yet Jesus did not bring forth words to defend Himself. He knew the voice of His Father and spoke only that which He knew the Father would have Him speak. Even greater than that, He knew and knows the heart of the Father and is willing to do Abba God’s will, even unto death thus fulfilling the Words that were spoken by the prophets of God before Jesus came upon the earth. He did and does not take God’s Words lightly placing their worth far beyond rubies and gold. What price tag do we place upon the Written and Revealed Word of God in our lives? When we see the spoken Word of Jesus in the Bible do we see it as just one man’s thought being brought forth on paper or do we recognize the worth of these precious Words knowing that they come forth from God Almighty to His loved people? Those with the words of Jesus written in red, do they see that it cost Jesus His precious blood to restore us back to the Father? Does the weight and worth of these words spoken by our Redeemer and Lord become treasures in our own hearts and do we share with others the gift we have been given through them, through Him?

Earlier yesterday morning while preparing for church I heard a pastor on television talk about these baseball cards he had given to his son. The young boy wanted to know how much they were worth and the dad told him that they were worth as much as someone wanted to pay for them. Think about that. Jesus treasured and valued the word of His Father far above anything else, even above His own life. How much value do we place upon the words that have been given to us by God Almighty’s Son knowing that they come from the very heart of our Heavenly Father? Jesus shared with us the Words and heart of God, giving them freely to those whose hearts were open to receive.

Today let us ask ourselves what value we place upon these Words, what price are we willing to pay for them? And then, let us take this great Gift of the Father’s love shown through His Beloved Son and let us walk in His Light and allow ourselves to display it proudly as the treasure it is, not hiding it under a bushel but letting it be seen by others so that they might share in the unmatchable beauty of His Living Word. Amen? Amen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 10:19PM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login