Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Psalm 103 - Introduction

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Psalm 103 - Introduction
April 01, 2013 02:13PM
NOTE: The following posts on Psalms 103 is one my husband, Billy, and I did five years ago and posted in this site. The interesting thing was we started it then on April 1st and I believe it is just as much for today as it was now. I pray you will be blessed in the reading and in the understanding of all that God has given us through His Son, Jesus Christ. - Joan

Psalm 103:1-3 - Introduction
April 1, 2013

"Bless (affectionately, grateful praise) the Lord, O my soul: and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name! Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits - Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases," Psalm 103:1-3

Yesterday morning I was reading a magazine from John Hagee's ministry and Psalm 103:1-3 seemed to leap off the page and resound in my spirit. I believe the Holy Spirit was impressing the importance of these verses. After sharing this with Billy and talking about it, sensing the Lord's will on it, we have agreed that this is what we are to focus on in the devotionals for this month and for however long the Holy Spirit leads. It is the heartfelt desire of both of us that these devotionals touch the depth of His people and speak out to them the will and heart of our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. There is a wealth of treasures both seen and hidden in His Word, treasures to build a life of great abundance and wealth for now and in the eternal if we allow the Holy Spirit to open our eyes and our hearts to see and receive it. As we do these devotionals know that it is not meant to tickle the ears or delight the eyes of the reader but it is our desire to stir the hearts of God's people and bring them to a closer communion with Him and with His Son through His Holy Spirit.

As we go forth with great expectation and wonderment in our hearts, we hear in our spirits, "I set before you life and death; choose life. Decide this day whom you will serve for you can not serve two masters." Billy and I have chosen life which is given to us through our Lord Christ Jesus. Jesus is our Lord and we desire to serve Him and our heavenly Father as they are one in heart and purpose. In so doing we desire to also serve you and to share the love of God with the multitudes. We have found serving God has not "cramped our lifestyle" but has enhanced it further than we could have imagined and it just keeps getting better and better. That is not to say we have not gone through hard times. The Word tells us that hard times will come. what it means is that we have found that the joy of the Lord is our strength and that the enemy cannot steal that joy, that strength, unless we allow him to. Oh, praise be the Lord, oh my soul, for His goodness if matchless, His love unending. Praise be the Lord, oh my soul, for His presence floods my being and overflows into every situation as I submit to Him. Praise be the Lord, oh my soul, for I am lost in His passionate embrace!

Well, hallelujah! It is this very thing we pray will touch and move the hearts of His people, His very goodness and life abounding within and around us. It's free for the taking and abundant in making us living epistle of the risen Christ. Join us in the days ahead as we go forth bearing, prayerfully, the Lord's heart and ours as well, blessing the Lord with all that is within us and forgetting not ALL of His benefits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login