Advanced

Psalm 103 - Bless the Lord - April 2, 2012

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Psalm 103 - Bless the Lord - April 2, 2012
April 03, 2013 08:51AM
Psalm 103 - Bless the Lord
April 2, 2013

1 <<A Psalm of David.>> “Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.” {Psalm 103:1}

Many of us need to stop in our busy day and meditate on what David is saying here - Bless the Lord, O my soul:. As you meditate, ask yourself how many times in a day do we call on the Lord to bless someone even ourselves, a person coughs - bless you, greeting or leaving a friend - bless you, in prayer - bless me Lord.

Now as we continue to meditate, ask yourself, how many times do I “Bless the Lord?”, much less - “Bless the Lord with all that is within me“. I know that I fall short in this, blessing the Lord, maybe it’s the way we were brought up and taught - the Lord God is all in all and needs nothing from us, but He desires to bless all his children, so we are to call down His blessing on His people.

David with all his faults {just the same as we all have our faults} knew and understood that God was and is the Father of all blessings and that it is not only right that he should bless the one that blessed him, but that it is a privilege and an honour to bless God. We all need to be David in our approach to our Father, know and understand that blessing the one from whom all blessings flow is not only right, but it’s a privilege and it’s an honour to do so. And as a David we need to bless Him with all that is within us - heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Yes, our Father desires and does bless us with all spiritual blessing and as time goes on, we pray that as we present some of God’s blessings to you, that you will see why we should - “Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name“.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login