Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Psalm 103:3b - Healing Power (Con't) - April 9, 2013

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Psalm 103:3b - Healing Power (Con't) - April 9, 2013
April 08, 2013 10:12PM
v 3 “Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;” {Psalm 103:3b}

As my wife stated in the devotional yesterday, the Lord would have us spend some time on healing {healeth all thy diseases;}.

We all have our own definition/idea about healing, and about what disease(s) are. So I took the time to look them up in the dictionary:

Webster’s; heal 1. to make well or healthy again. 2. a) to cure b) to cause a wound or sore to become closed 3. to free from grief, troubles, or evil.

Gods definition - Hebrew; rapha', {raw-faw'} - a primitive root; properly, to mend (by stitching), i.e. (figuratively) to cure:--cure, (cause to) heal, physician, repair, X thoroughly, make whole.

Webster’s; disease 1. a condition of not being healthy 2. a particular destructive process in an organ 3. a harmful condition, as of society.

Gods definition - Hebrew; tachaluw', {takh-al-oo'} - a malady:--disease, X grievous, (that are) sick(-ness). re, (cause to) heal, physician, repair, X thoroughly, make whole.

Our Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus as the master physicians have done away with all of the sickness’ described by both the Hebrew and as described in Webster‘s. Our Lord can and still does miraculous healings, made the lame to walk, gave the blind back their sight, healed the leapers, raised the dead, these are some of the examples of instantaneous and miraculous healings. The problem with these healings is that they are all physical healings.

Our God is also into soul and spiritual healings. Think about this, as our Lord Jesus hung on the cross, He spoke these words; “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do“. I believe that this is a soul/spiritual healing. The Hebrew definition of disease ‘thoroughly, make whole’ seems to me to fit. Society at the time as it is now was and is morally and spiritually diseased.

To go along with this, John in I John 2:2 says about Jesus “And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world“. Is moral and spiritual decay a disease? I say yes!

Jesus was sent to cleanse the whole world of this disease, due to man’s free will this healing has no happened as yet, but when our Lord returns to this earth, there will be a healing of the nations, which means all people that believe on the lord or even believed before hand will be healed. Our physical and spiritual cleansing/heals will come with the healing of the nations.

In the coming days we will concentrate on more intimate/personal healings from scripture as they relate to us now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 10:12PM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login