Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ecclestiates 3:1,3 - Healing Power (con't) - April 11, 2013

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Ecclestiates 3:1,3 - Healing Power (con't) - April 11, 2013
April 10, 2013 09:28PM
v 1 “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:”
v 3 “A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;” {Ecclesiastes 3:1,3}

As was stated yesterday, we as mortals do not know when or how healing is going to come. We don’t know if it’s going to be a miracle healing, or a slow process. Our healing may come straight from our Father or it may come from another that our Father has ordained for this purpose. I guess what I’m trying to say is said best in Ecclesiastes 3:1 “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:”.

I am certain that all of us have had someone or a group pray for us for some type of healing. That healing may have come as a miracle or maybe later that day. You received your healing and you praised God for his goodness. Another time another illness and you have the same person pray for you and nothing happens, and you start mumbling and complaining asking “God why wasn’t I healed?”, or saying to yourself “such and such prayed for me and nothing happened so I guess I need someone else to pray for me”.

But why do we have to get someone else to pray for us when the word of God our Father says in I Peter 2:24 “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” We don’t need someone else to pray for us because it’s a done deal! We may still have the symptoms of our malady or illness, but that’s all it is, a symptom. Just praise God in all situations, praise him when you feel good, praise him when you are healed, and continue to praise him when you don’t “feel” like you’ve been healed, but in reality, we have been healed, praise him in the good times, and praise him in the ’bad’ times.

Praising our Father in all of life’s situations brings peace and comfort to the spirit and to the soul. Isn’t this another healing that our Father has made available to us?

If any of you that read this devotional think for a moment that I am against “laying on of hands, prayer, and healing” coming through someone else, let me make myself clear so as to avoid confusion. I personally have been prayed over many times and I’ve prayed over many people. But I have to wonder as I am sure that you have, if we truly believe the words of our Father, why can’t we just pray for ourselves to be healed? It’s in His written word, so then, why do we see so many professing christians walking around professing illnesses in their own bodies?

Something to meditate on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login