Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 1:19 - Lamb of God - July 23, 2015

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
John 1:19 - Lamb of God - July 23, 2015
July 23, 2015 09:06AM
John 1:29 - Lamb of God - July 23, 2015

“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” {John 1:29}

There’s a song out that I believe says most of what I was going to say, it’s simply called “Lamb of God”.

Lamb Of God

Written by: Twila Paris

Your only Son, no sin to hide

But you have sent him from your side

To walk upon this guilty sod

And to become the Lamb of God

Your gift of love they crucified

They laughed and scorned Him as He died

The humble King, they named a fraud

And sacrificed the Lamb of God

O Lamb of God, sweet Lamb of God

I love the holy Lamb of God

O wash me in His precious blood

My Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God

I was so lost I should have died

But you have brought me to your side

To be led by your staff and rod

And to be called a lamb of God

1985 EMI Christian Music, Mountain Spring Music, Straightway Music

Our Fathers only son {not counting adoptions} with no sin to hide, for he has no sin in his life. The one and only time that our Lord Jesus Christ ever “sinned” was when he was on the cross and he took upon himself all the sins of the world. “no sin to hide”, this taking on of all “sin” was on display for all to see.

The father sent Him from His right hand side where He had {and still is} been since before time began to become the Messiah and walk upon this earth and experience the “good and bad” of mankind. He walked upon this “guilty sod” and every were His feet trod was reclaimed for his and our Father. “Your gift of love” a free gift to all mankind, but the religious leaders of that day would not accept this gift of God as they had turned from the true one and thus they were resentful, they were frightened, and they were afraid that they would lose their positions of authority over the people.

“The humble King, they named a fraud, they crucified Him by way of the Romans, and then they stood around and “laughed and scorned {and mocked} Him as He died”

“I was so lost I should have died”. At one point or another we had all gone astray and were lost and I know for certain that I should have died. As a matter of fact, I was dead in my trespasses and sins. Praise be to God and our Lord Jesus “you have brought me to your side”, you reached down into the dark pit of muck and mire and drew me out. My loving Lord and saviour cleaned me up and them washed me white as snow {the snow gets dirty at times and he just washes me again}.

“To be led by your staff and rod”. Your staff and “rod of correction” hurt for a time but I knew that those that you love you chastise. This all lead to a sweet obedience to you and our father. You lead by your staff as a good Shepard leads his flock to keep them from harm and from going astray. The rod of iron is for correction, for some point in our lives we need that correction.

O Lamb of God, sweet Lamb of God

I love the holy Lamb of God

O wash me in His precious blood

And to become the Lamb of God
And sacrificed the Lamb of God
My Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God
And to be called a lamb of God

I want and must become “a lamb of God”. I want and need my Master and Good Shepard....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login