Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 14:2-3 - July 27

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
July 27, 2015 10:39AM

v 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
v 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

"In my Father's house are many mansions." What Jesus is saying "in my Father's house that there are untold numbers of heavenly abodes. He is telling his disciples {that includes us} that he is about to return from where he came and he is assuring them {and us} that there will be a place made ready for them {us} in the Father's house {many abodes or homes}. At this point we must ask just how large is the Father's house? Our Father God not only makes his abode within us, the universe is also is house [home].

Revelation 2:16 "And the city {new Jerusalem} lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth" and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length {1,500 miles) and the breadth {1,500 miles} and the height {1,500 miles) of it are equal. {That's big!}"

Jesus is also declaring to them {and us} his departure into heaven; and he that departs not to reign there alone, but to go before us and prepare a place for us. He goes before us to prepare a home for us where we can all be together. What a glorious time without end that will be.

"I will come again" is the perfect fulfillment of this promise that will be at Christ's second coming, when the bodies of believers, being raised in glory will be received by Christ to the everlasting mansions prepared for us in heaven.

John 17:24 - "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am' that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Acts 1:11 - "Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like maner as ye have seen him go into heaven."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login