Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matthew 6:14 - July 29

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Matthew 6:14 - July 29
July 29, 2015 11:06AM
Matthew 6:14 - Julu 29

v 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

v 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

There is no duty or commandment to which our corrupt natures are more backward than forgiving others their trespasses our Lord and Saviour assuring us, that forgiving others is an indispensable condition upon which we are to expect and receive forgiveness from God. Forgiveness may be difficult, but it is essential and constantly required in scripture, for he who shows mercy to men receives mercy from God. Our Savior, Jesus, Says we should forgive even if the offense be committed seventy times seven times, Mathew 18:21-11 - "Then came Peter to him, and said,, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive hi? tail seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times but Until seventy times seven." Every time we go to God in prayer, and beg forgiveness of him for ourselves and we do not forgive other men their prespasses heartily and sincerely, freely, fully and willingly, we are an affront in the face of our Father.

It must grieve our heavenly Father when we say thar we are unable (unwilling) to forgive someone for any reason. Our Father has made it very, very clear that he has forgiven us and he deserves no less from us.

Luke 23:34 - "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login