Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1 Corinthians 5:17 - August 1, 2015

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
1 Corinthians 5:17 - August 1, 2015
August 01, 2015 10:44AM
1 Corinthians 5:17 - August 1

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, all things have passed away; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." - 1 Corinthians 5:17

August is the eighth month of the year and it was impressed upon me that the number "8" stands for "new beginnings" and that I was to begin this month's devotionals by focusing on the new creation we become in Christ Jesus. It is more than receiving forgiveness of sins and having eternal life through Him, it is much, much more. And yet, over time it appears that the American church has forgotten this. It has forgotten the cost that was paid for us by Christ Jesus by the disciples and even by those who paid a high price to bring the Gospel truth to this nation.

Jesus didn't come to earth to just die for our sins on the cross, He came to teach the Kingdom of God to us and to reconcile us back to God as it was in the beginning when God walked in the garden with man. Christ came to teach us how to walk like Him in this perverse and dark world, to be lights set upon a hill to draw all men to His heavenly Father through Him. Like Him, we are to be world changers rather than victims of this world. Oh, what an exciting life we have in Christ! Yet so many of us who have received Him as our Lord and Savior do not know this for the enemy has tried to hide that truth from us.

Let us allow the Holy Spirit to enlighten our eyes of understanding this month and however long it takes that we might fully understand this "new creation" we have become in Christ Jesus so that we would live it to His glory and honor, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen! Open your hearts to His voice and His will for your life as we embark on this literal life changing journey from the old man (the flesh) to the spirit man (sons and daughters of our heavenly Father) through Christ Jesus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login