Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 3:16 - August 9

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
John 3:16 - August 9
August 09, 2015 10:34PM
August 3:16 - August 9

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"For God so loved the world...". That statement alone should bring healing to our soul, rejoicing to our hearts. God so loves us that He was willing to send His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to be payment for our sin so that we could be restored back to our heavenly Father. How many of us would knowingly send our son, our daughter, to suffer and die for another? God knew what Jesus must go through in order for mankind to be restored back to Him. People don't know the depth Jesus suffered. We know what the weight of guilt and shame feels upon our shoulders for things we have done wrong. Now try and imagine the weight of the whole world's sin resting on the shoulders of one man, Christ Jesus. Its unimaginable to us. No wonder Jesus' sweated blood, knowing what was before Him.

The Old Testament is filled with prophetic words foretelling the come of the Messiah. In Isaiah 50:6 we read, " I gave My back to those who struck Me, And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting." Isaiah 52:14 reads, "Just as many were astonished at you, So His visage was marred more than any man,
And His form more than the sons of men;.." and Psalm 22:14-17, "I am poured out like water, and all My bones are out of joint: My heart is like wax; it is melted within Me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and My tongue clings to My jaws; You have brought Me to the dust of death.
For dogs have surrounded Me: the congregation of the wicked have enclosed Me: they pierced My hands and My feet. I can count all of My bones: they look and stare upon Me. They divide My garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots." All of these verses is talking about Jesus' suffering for us, for our sins. God knew Jesus would have to suffer as He did yet He also knew it was the only way we could be redeemed and restored back. Because God loves us so much, He sent Jesus to die for us.

Don't every let anyone say you are not loved or wanted because that is a lie from the pit of hell. You are so loved that the Creator of the Universe paid the ultimate price, that of His Son dying on the cross for your sins, for my sins. How amazing is that? This love, this gift to us is ours if we take it. We receive our salvation and restoration back to God through Christ Jesus by believing in Him. As we open our heart to Christ Jesus, a whole new world is opened up to us. Just as Jesus died and three days later rose again from the dead, when we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we die to self and rise again as a new creation in Him. Hallelujah!!! A new life in Christ, one that is ever lasting, one in which we come to know our heavenly Father, His Kingdom and His abundant love for us. Wow! How blessed we are. All because of God's love and Jesus' willingness to be obedient to His Father. Amazing!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login