Advanced

PROPHESY & FULFILLMENT

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHESY & FULFILLMENT
March 02, 2016 08:38AM
Day 7- Psalm 41:9, 55:12-13 & John 13:18, 21, & 26 - March 2, 2016

THE PROPHECY

v 9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me. {Psalm 41:9}

v 12 For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:
v 13 But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. {Psalm 55:12-13}

You may look at these parts of two psalms that David wrote as talking about himself and his betrayal by his son {Absalom} and a trusted friend {Ahithophel}. While this is true, David is also foretelling {prophesying} about the betrayal of our messiah at the hands of his own familiar friend and one of his apostles {Judas Iscariot}.

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 18 I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.
v 21 When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
v 26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. {John 13:18,21, & 26}

Have you ever been {or thought you had been} betrayed by a friend much less a close friend? At first you are in disbelief that this could happen to you, then it’s either anger or self pity. My brothers and sisters, these reactions are normal and expected from the worlds point of view. Through years of subtle training this is how the world wants us to react. We’ve also been subtly trained to not forgive or at least if we do forgive it’s after a long period of time.

We need to take our lessons from the master teacher. Jesus did not get angry or feel self pity, as for disbelief, this was not on our masters mind as he expected this betrayal. Jesus did not judge Judas but forgave him right away. Judas did not go straight away and hang himself, {And they rose up [one of them, whose name was Cleopas] the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them, Luke 24:33} We find out later that Thomas was not with them at this time. 12 - 1 = 11, not ten as we have been taught - Judas was one of the eleven {minus Thomas} which tell me that he had to have been forgiven the Jesus. Could you so quickly forgive a trusted friend that had betrayed you unto death? My prayer is that I never have to find out but if that day ever came, I don’t know what I would do. I would truly like to say that I could forgive that quickly but again I don’t know. Try and be honest with yourself and place yourself in that type of situation, what would do?

From betrayal to forgiveness to the cross to forgiveness to resurrection, I praise the Lord for his forgiveness, his mercy, and his grace.

For additional reading/study on our messiahs betrayal: Matthew 26:47,49-50, & Luke 22:21-22, & 47.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login