PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 9, March 4, 2016

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 9, March 4, 2016
March 04, 2016 10:23AM
Day 9 - Isaiah 53:8 & Acts 4:26-28 -March 4, 2016

TRIED AND CONDEMNED

PROPHECY

v 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
{Isaiah 53:8}

PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
v 27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
v 28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. {Acts 4:26-28}

Today I’d like to take you through some history and some logic. Have you ever had that feeling that the “whole world” was against you and there was no one on the face of the earth that you could turn to? Welcome to Jesus’ world in the 70 some hours before he was crucified. I know that I’m shooting down some {a herd} sacred cows right now, but we need to be true to the word of God and not the traditions {and superstitions} of man.

Acts 4 verses 26 & 27 by my reckoning covers just about the “whole world” that was known at that time.

Jesus could not even count on his disciples in the garden of Gethsemane {3 times they slept when Jesus had ask them to tarry and watch}. Then there was Peter who denied him 3 times during his illegal ‘trial’ {illegal because it was held at night - Jewish law prohibits a trial at night} before the Sanhedrin and its chief priest Caiaphas {who was appointed chief priest by the Romans}.

You can ask any ‘Christian’ and they will tell you that Jesus was tried, condemned, and crucified all in one day {Friday} and rose from the grave on Sunday morning {more sacred cows to shoot down}. Friday evening to Sunday morning is at best two days. Scripture tells us in Matthew 12:40 “ For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.“ Logic and a little arithmetic tells me that Jesus had to have been put in the grave on Thursday.

Please forgive me for getting off on this rabbit trail, but as I learn more, I want to lets others know what the Lord has shown me. Sacred cows beware our Lord and saviour is alive and wants his people to know the truth and not follow tradition. We all need to speak “the truth” in love and not what men say is truth {tradition}.

Additional reading/study: Matthew 27:1-2 & Luke 23:1 & 23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 08:05AM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login