PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 11 - March 7, 2016

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 11 - March 7, 2016
March 07, 2016 07:23AM
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isaiah 50:6, Micah 5:1 & Mark 15:19, John 19:1-3 - Day 11 7 March 14, 2016

THE PROPHECY

v 6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting. {Isaiah 50:6} KJV

v 1 Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek. {Micah 5:1} KJV

The book of Isaiah presents more insights into the nature of God than any other book of the Old Testament. God’s holiness is the first thing that impresses Isaiah when he sees Him in all His glory in the Temple.

God is interested in the salvation of His people. He is the sovereign ruler of history and the only who has the power to save.

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 19 And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him. {Mark 15:19} KJV
v 19 They beat him about the head with a cane and spat upon him, and then knelt and paid mock homage to him. {Mark 15:19} NEB - New English Bible

v 1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.
v 2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,
v 3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. {John 19:1-3} KJV

God’s ultimate salvation was realized through the coming of the messiah, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. When Jesus begins His public ministry in His hometown of Nazareth, He quotes from Isaiah {61:1-2 & Luke 4:18-19} to show that this prophecy was being fulfilled in His life and ministry.

I will not go into the scourging {torture} that our Lord when through at the hands of the Romans, let me just say that his trial before the Sanhedrin was a proverbial “walk in the park”. To remain silent during this torture {torture that was perfected by the Romans} tells me of the strength {given by His father - which strength that is available to us} and nature of our Lords character , a humble servant, the son of man, and the King of the Jews {which title He himself never proclaimed}.

I try to be humble, which I fail at almost everyday, but I know from the Holy Spirit indwelling me that as all of us fall short of the glory of God, I will fall short of the humbleness of my Lord. As Jesus was tempted in all ways by the world and he did not give in, I’m in the spiritual realm with two legs hanging down into the worldly realm. I thank God through my Lord Jesus Christ every day that he loves me even were I’m at.

Hundreds of years between the prophecies of Isaiah and Micah, we again see the fulfillment through one person and that one person is the messiah, our saviour and Lord Jesus.

Praise God for His word is truth and does come true, yesteryear, yesterday, and today.

Additional reading/study can be found in Matthew 26:67-68, 27:30 & Mark 14:65.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login