Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 16 - March 12, 2016
March 12, 2016 09:00AM
Day 16 - Psalm 22:18 & John 19:23-24
Marc 12, 2016

SOLDIERS CAST LOTS {DICE} FOR THE MESSIAH’S ROBE

THE PROPHECY

v 18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. {Psalm 22:18}

Verse 18 is the last verse of this prophecy of the messiahs crucifixion in Psalm 22 . Starting in verse 19,
The rest of this Psalm deals with deliverance.

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.
v 24 They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.

Have you ever wondered why Roman soldiers would divide Jesus’ clothing but when it came to His robe {coat} they did not want to tear it into pieces? Roman soldiers had their ‘uniforms’ and it’s my understanding that they were not allowed to wear anything not issued to them. Perhaps this was a way for them to earn a few extra shekels to supplement their wages, selling the clothes to anyone they could. But the robe {coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout} had a value all it’s own, and the soldiers understood this. Only the finest robes were woven without a seam from top to bottom, robes worn by the Roman emperors, kings, princes, and the very wealthy. This was a costly robe that the soldiers were casting lots for.

If the soldiers really had understood what the robe symbolized they would have “cast themselves” to the ground and not cast lots for it. The robe was our Fathers way of saying to the world that Yehweh is the King of kings and Lord of lords. Royal raiment that our Lord will wear forever and ever.

I have “cast my lot” with the King of kings and Lord of lords, Yehweh {Jesus} as my saviour, my master, and the lover of my soul. I give all honor and glory not to the robe of royalty, but to the one and only true son of God who wore it, and to God my father for sending His son to save me, to the world I’m valueless, but to my God, a prize of great value. Will you humble yourself and “cast your lot” with the King of kings and Lord of lords, Yehweh {Jesus} as your saviour, your master, and the lover of your soul? You will never regret it.

All glory and honour to the Father and to the King of kings and the Lord of lords!

Additional scriptures: Matthew 27:35 & Mark 15:24
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login