PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 23 - March 21, 2016

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 23 - March 21, 2016
March 21, 2016 03:24PM
Isaiah 42:1 & Matthew 3:16-17 - March 21, 2016 - Day 23

THE HOLY SPIRIT UPON THE MESSIAH

THE PROPHECY

v 1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. Isaiah 42:1

Why would God the Father of the Messiah {Jesus} call His son a servant? The four gospels give us a big clue as each gospel presents a different aspect of our Lord. The gospel of Matthew presents Jesus as a teacher who is greater than Moses, Mark focuses on Jesus as the Suffering Servant - the son of man, Luke focuses on Jesus as the keystone of salvation, and John presents Jesus as the divine Son of God - the messiah.

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
v 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Matthew 3:16-17

Our Father knew all of the aspects of His son {and there are many that come under the major themes of the gospels} and His ministry here on earth.

The Father called His son a servant in Isaiah for he knew the Jesus would be a servant to all mankind yet suffer because of this. { Mark 9:12 “And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.” Mark 9:19 “He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.”}.

In Matthew, Jesus is called by His father “my beloved Son”. Beloved Son to His father and beloved saviour to us all. {John 1:49 “Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God;” John 3:17 “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”}.

Teacher, suffering servant, saviour, and Son of God, I bow down before you and dedicate myself anew unto you Lord Jesus and to you my Father.

Additional reading/study: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login