Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Minute for April 4th:

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
April 05, 2009 09:07AM

Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., was assassinated APRIL 4, 1968. Pastor of Atlanta's Ebenezer Baptist Church, he rose to national prominence through the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Awarded the Nobel Prize in 1964, Congress set aside his birthday as a National Holiday. Rev. King said August 28, 1963: "Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of God's children...Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity...We must not allow our...protest to degenerate into physical violence...We cannot walk alone." Rev. King continued: "I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal.' I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood." Martin Luther King finished: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

www.AmericanMinute.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login