Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Only One Strength

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Only One Strength
June 14, 2009 06:10PM
It is a huge struggle for me to rely on anything but my own strength. This is probably the biggest downfall for me. We cannot do anything without God as our strength. I have noticed this more and more this week. I kind of feel dumb saying this, but I just recently discovered that temptation is not a sin. Just because we are tempted, does not mean that that is a sin. It is the decision that we make when we are tempted. If we fall to temptation, then that is sin, but if we choose to walk away and turn away, that is not a sin. The temptations this week have been so strong. Stronger than they have been before. I am not sure if that is just because I am trying to fight them harder, or if they really are just stronger. Of course, I have been trying to rely on my own strength on order to get over them. I have been so far successful in turning away, but how long with my own strength last? It is only on God's strength can we truly fight off temptation. Like I am now, we may fool ourselves into thinking that we can do it on our own, but we will eventually because without Him as our strength, we cannot do it. I have been sitting here thinking to myself that I am just waiting to fail, because I know that I cannot do it alone. But, what is that getting me? I am setting myself up for failure. Its a choice. Continue to rely on own self, or rely on the greatest strength that we can have. I think I know who's strength I am going to choose.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login