Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Minute for April 8th:

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
April 08, 2009 07:36AM

Five-Star General Omar Bradley died APRIL 8, 1981. Born 1893, in a cabin near Clark, Missouri, he was a star player on his high school baseball team. He worked for Wabash Railroad, until his Sunday School superintendent recommended he apply to West Point. President Eisenhower said, April 29, 1954: "I thank General Bradley, my old comrade in arms, my classmate from West Point, my great associate in World War II." Bradley commanded the 2nd Army Corps in North Africa, was Senior Commander of U.S. Ground Forces for the invasion of France, and in August 1944 led the 12th Army Group in France and Germany, consisting of a million men in four armies. President Johnson stated, May 23, 1964: "General Bradley, you were the field commander of more American fighting troops than any commander in any era." Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, 1948-49, and first Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1950, General Omar Bradley stated, November 11, 1948: "We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount...The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants."

www.AmericanMinute.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login