Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Minute for April 10th:

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
April 11, 2009 07:52AM

Millions of people in 91 countries are helped by The Salvation Army, founded by William Booth, who was born APRIL 10, 1829. William Booth began by ministering to the poor, drunk and outcast. He fought to end teenage prostitution in England. Awarded an honorary degree from Oxford, Booth traveled the United States, met President Theodore Roosevelt and opened a session of the United States Senate with prayer. William Booth wrote: "While there is a drunkard left, while there is a lost girl upon the streets, where there remains one dark soul without the light of God-I'll fight! I'll fight to the very end." Years after his death, William Booth's daughter, Evangeline, became their new leader. President Franklin Roosevelt sent her a telegram, September 4, 1934, saying: "Please accept my sincere congratulations on your election as General of the Salvation Army throughout the world. In these troubled times it is particularly important that the leadership of all good forces shall work for the amelioration of human suffering and for the preservation of the highest spiritual ideals." FDR concluded "Your efforts as Commander-in-Chief of the Salvation Army...have earned the gratitude and admiration of millions of your countrymen."

www.AmericanMinute.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login