Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Complete Control Freak

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Complete Control Freak
May 29, 2009 10:25PM
A lot of my friends, when reading the title of this, are going to laugh. The main reason is because they know I am pretty much a push over and can be persuaded into doing something, after I get over my own pride and stubborness of course. When it comes to my life, however, I am a control freak. I do not trust easily, and I am not sure if I would trust anyone with my life besides me. I think that shows the controlling side of me. So, not everyone would be willing to entrust their lives in the hands of someone else, right? I thought so too, until I finally got my mind off of people. I have been wondering lately...what would it be like to totally submit my life to God and let Him have complete control? But, that would cause me to have to give up control! That is definetely not safe, is it? James 4:13-15 says: "Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.'" If our life isn't even that long, why would we want to have control for that short of a time when God is in control of the rest? If He can control before I was created, and then my eternal destiny, I am all for letting Him control me now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login