Anonymous User
For I Am A Sinner
May 29, 2009 10:28PM
Lately, I have had an issue with getting frustrated with others and this has caused me to talk about people to others. It has been frustrating because I do not want to hurt others by talking about them, and I want them to be my friends. I wasn't sure what the issue was of why I started doing this. I had to figure out what it was that others were doing that was frustrating me the most. I realized that most people that I come into contact with have an attitude where they are really self centered. I know that this was something that I struggled with in middle school and partly through high school, so I can partly understand the struggle. I get frustrated now because I thought that things would be different now that we are all in college. Especially since we are at a Christian college, and where Christ should be the center of our lives, not ourselves. Then I had a thought, why should I be getting frustrated with these people and basically judging them, when I too have faults about myself? Am I not sinning when I am getting anger towards these people as well as turning my anger into me going and talking about them? In high school in youth group, my youth pastor told us this neat story of a monk who prayed unceasingly to God everyday "Lord Jesus have mercy on me for I am a sinner." I decided to apply this to my situation. Anytime that I get frustrated with others, I pray this, and almost immediately, the tension is gone and I can start to see them somewhat like Christ see's them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login