Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Awake and Alive

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Awake and Alive
January 31, 2011 07:27PM
Below are the lyrics to a christian rock song that happens to be a favorite of mine:

Awake and Alive by Skillet

I'm at war with the world
And they try to pull me into the dark
I struggle to find my faith
As I'm slipping from your arms

It's getting harder to stay awake
And my strength is fading fast
You breathe into me at last

I'm awake, I'm alive
Now I know what I believe inside
Now it's my time
I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life

(Here, right now)
Right here, right now
Stand my ground and never back down
I know what I believe inside
I'm awake, and I'm alive

I'm at war with the world
'Cause I ain't never gonna sell my soul
I've already made up my mind
No matter what, I can't be bought or sold

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again

I'm awake, I'm alive
Now it's my time

(Here, right now)
Right here, right now
I'm awake, and I'm alive

Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up in the dark

I can feel you in my sleep
In your arms, I feel you breathe into me
Forever hold this heart that I will give to you
Forever I will live for you

I'm awake, I'm alive
Now it's my time

(Here, right now)
Right here, right now
I'm awake, and I'm alive

Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up

This song has an awesome message to it. How often do we find ourselves being brought down by the world around us? We've all been there - Satan has a way of trying to use the very world we live in to destroy our lives and pull us away from God. Every day is a constant spiritual battle and we all have to be ready to fight and stand our grounds. It may not always be easy, but when we're Awake and Alive in the Lord, then we're decked out in our spiritual armor and ready for any challenge that comes our way.
God gave us this one life to live for Him. He's breathed into us the breath of life, and filled us with the holy spirit; God provided us with everything we need to be His warriors. No matter how tempting it is to just fall and let sleep's darkness turn us into the rest of the world, as Christians I think we all know there's a better way. Don't fall asleep and close your eyes to the opportunities God has put in front of you! No matter how bleak things look, God is the absolute best wake up call there is!
Now here's a question for you: are you Awake, and are you Alive?
Anonymous User
Re: Awake and Alive
March 26, 2011 10:15AM
This is great wisdom and good advice you have offered here. Whether people know it or accept it we are in a battle daily. Not one in the natural as so many precious people are but one in the spiritual realm that has continued for thousands of years. It is a battle between heaven and earth. For now satan has great domionion over the earth. Through Jesus Christ's life, death and resurrection we have been given that dominion of the earth back but it is up to us to bring God's Kingdom here on earth.The Bible states that the thief (satan) comes but to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10). Satan wants us to think that all is hopeless and he uses fear to manipulate and turn us away from the Lord. But when we are His our Lord finds us in our weakness and reaches out to lift us up. He awakens us out of despair and breathes His life into us. It is up to us to breathe deeply of Him and when we do we, indeed, are awake and alive in Him. Now that's very cool!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login