Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When life overwhelms....

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
When life overwhelms....
October 25, 2007 08:02AM
"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.'" Matthew 11:28-30 NLT

Dear Saints, we are living in a time when we can almost feel the weight of the world upon our shoulders. Everywhere you look people appear to be overwhelmed and over burdened. Stress seems to be at an all time high and depression isn't what someone else is going through, its found in our own homes. What's with that! Not pointing a finger at anyone here. If that were the case, it would be pointed at me as well. Just a couple of weeks back I was so overcome by sadness and depression, feeling like a failure I just wanted to go home and be with the Lord. Death wasn't just knocking at my door, it was covering me like a dirty, wet blanket, one that I could not get out from under. It was a horrible, horrible experience. The day after this happened I told my husband that I was as close to death as one could be while still breathing. The weight of it was incredible, the despair like cement blocks around my heart, pulling me down, down, down...

Of course the Lord and I had a talk during this time. Actually, if I remember right, I was doing most of the talking. I was so overwhelmed and hurting that I wasn't listening too well and didn't want to! Oh, praise the Lord for His faithfulness and His mercy and grace1 He found me in my darkness and lifted me up to His glorious Light. Hallelujah! Even in the midst of the turmoil I was going through, somehow I could sense Him calling out to me even though I was trying my best not to have my "listening ears on." Somehow I even knew that God was allowing this dark night of the soul for a reason, and that reason being that I would die to self and learn to live in Him. Growing up is a painful process. We go from little ones who are focused on self to become older and more mature and putting self behind, taking on more responsibilities and thinking of others where once we were our main concern!

What does all this have to do with Matthew 11:28-30? Everything! There will be times in our lives when we become overwhelmed and despondant. God knew this would happen. He sent His Son not only to redeem us back to Him in relationship but also to supply us with all we need to live our lives as overcomers in Christ Jesus. This world will continually strive to put stumbling blocks in our spiritual walk hoping to waylay us and throw us off course from the road God would have us on. Many have become so overcome with despair that they have turned their backs on God, thinking that He has forsaken them. That is not the case!The Lord has promised never to leave us nor forsake us. It is written in His Word and God is not a man that He should lie. Praise be to God!!! But when our lives become overwhelming, Jesus tells us to come to Him. He will give us rest, glory to God!!! Sometimes I remember this right away. Other times it takes me longer. That is when the Holy Spirit is trying to break through the pain in my heart so I can hear His voice calling out to me, "I am here. I have not left you. Trust in Me."

It is my prayer, among many, that I would be so attuned to His sweet voice and so mature in Christ that my thoughts going instantly to Him and His promises. I am in the process of renewing my mind to His, to be one with Jesus as He is one with the Father. We all will come across trials in our lives but it would behoove us to keep Him uppermost in our hearts, souls and minds. Let us heed our dear Lord's words, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.'

Truly, through Him we will become more than conquerers and overcomers, recognizing that in Him we have rest and He will not give us more than we can bear, being at the ready to help us all the way. Thank You, Jesus!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login