Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Word of Encouragement

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
A Word of Encouragement
February 08, 2009 12:13PM
Dear Saints,

There is something the enemy uses to bring down the body of Christ and he is very successful in his schemes and that is discouragement. No matter how masterful the enemy might seem at times, "greater is He that is in you than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4)." Praise be to God for this!!! If God be for us who can be against us. No devil in hell or on the earth is greater than our God or our Lord Christ Jesus who redeemed us from the tormentor and brought us into His marvelous Light. Glory to God! Hallelujah!!!

There are many out there, like us, who are going through times of testing. In this hour we must take His Word as a double edged sword, one to fight off the attacks of the enemy and the other to build us up in the faith of our most High God! While the battle might seem to be in the natural the true battle is spiritual and is being waged and fought in our minds. That is why it is important to be like-minded with Christ, putting on the whole armor of God and being of the same mind and heart as our Lord Jesus, doing only that which the Father is seen doing. How do we know and do this?

In John 14:8-12 we read, ""Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father." As we study the things that Jesus did, said, walked out, etc., and fellowship with Him through the Holy Spirit, we will grow in confidence in the things that we ourselves are to do. We must see this world through Jesus' eyes and not our own eyes! When financial needs arise we must know that God shall supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19). Do our physical bodies need healing? His Word declares that "by His stripes we were healed (Isaiah 53)." What other needs do you have? Find out what the Word has to say about them and build up your relationship with your Lord and God. Our heavenly Father gave us both the written Word (logos) and the revealed Word (rhema) to help us grow into mature sons and daughters, sending forth His Holy Spirit to help us in our walk.

Dear ones, let us remember that we as children of God are not to greet each day as the world does, being caught up in the cares and desires of it. Rather we are to begin each day knowing that we have a heavenly Father who loves us, who has shown us His love and His will through His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ. We are to seek to walk in His kingdom ways and purposes and not our own. We must recognize that we need to build up our faith in Him and as we do He will reward us for believing in Him and seeking after Him. We must see this world as one we are "just passing through". It is our training ground, it is the place where we have the opportunity to choose to grow in Him or not. But we must always remember it is not our permanent home. When we believe in Christ Jesus as our Lord and Savior then our permanent home is with Him throughout eternity. Praise be to God! What a tremendous blessing that is! Though we might go through trials here on earth, they last but only a moment compared to the everlasting life we are guarenteed with Him. And let me tell you, having experienced a near death experience many years ago and knowing what it is like to be in His presence, I can say with all knowing that nothing here on earth compares to being with Him. His glorious Light fills your being with joy unspeakable. Hallelujah!!!

So, if you are going through a difficult time, remember that this will pass. Seek Him to strengthen you and upgird you through this time and know that He desires to do so! Perhaps He will speak to you through another brother or sister in Christ. There is so many ways in which He touches our lives and desires to do so. If we only knew how much our heavenly Father loves us and how much Jesus is interceding on our behalf we would be able to quickly shake up the cares of this world and rejoice in His love. Holy Spirit, help us to do this, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

In His love,
Joan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login