Anonymous User
Why we are not to rebel against God
July 18, 2007 09:10AM
"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft,And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, He also has rejected you from being king.” 1 Samuel 15:23

Did you know that through Christ Jesus we are also called to be kings and priests? Revelation 5:10 reads: "And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.” This is available to all that are born again but not all will walk in it. Like Saul in 1 Samuel 15, many will be found in rebellion, rejecting the Word of God and God will reject them from being kings and priests upon the earth.

God has called us to walk in obedience. What God requires of us with our natural parents ("Children, obey your parents in the Lord [as His representatives] for this is just and right." Ephesians 6:1 AMP)is also what He requires of us towards our heavenly Father. To rebel against God's will shows us that we are not grown up and matured in Christ and are rather like rebellious teenagers, seeking to do things our own way. Looking back at our youth, we can see where our rebellion towards our natural parents had often got us in trouble. Though we might not have understood the reason why our parents told us to do or not do things, as we became older begain to draw some understanding in regards to their rules. It was not set up to harm us but rather to protect us.

So it is with God's Word and will. His ways are higher than our ways, His thoughts higher than our thoughts. In Isaiah 55:8-9 we read: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." While we might not understand God's ways and rules, they are there to keep us safe and to give us a prosperous life. We must trust that God has a good plan for us and that He loves us. That He sent His Son to die for our sins should be proof enough of His love.

Many are in pain and have been hurt by many, even themselves. Now is not a good time to run away from Jesus but it is a time to run to Him, asking for His help and seeking forgiveness for the wickness of our rebellion towards Him and our heavenly Father. God is quick to forgive our sins and will teach us how to forgive the sins of other so that we can, ourselves, be forgiven. Hallelujah!

Dear Ones, run to the arms of Him Who loves you and allow Him to bring healing and hope to your life. Please do not allow your weaknesses to turn into rebellion and thus forfeiting all that God desires that You have. Let us reign with Him and for Him, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Needing His help daily,
Joan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login