Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Longing for Him

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Longing for Him
November 20, 2007 06:03AM
Dear Saints,

Having just posted this response in another site, I was led to post it here as well, mindful of the times we are living in and the struggles many of us are going through. I pray the following words will encourage you and strengthen you in Him:

Ah yes, longing to meet the true King. Funny (it's really a God thing, LOL) but I didn't see this yesterday [that was posted in another site]. But last night I was thinking of all the trials people have been going through recently, ourselves personally and others that we know of and/or have heard of. There is no doubt about it, we are living in a very intense time. My spirit was crying out for the Lord, longing for Him, to see Him, to feel Him.

Then this morning I come in and read this post and I realize that longing for the Lord is increased in times of great need. Great moves of God were preceded by times of great darkness upon the earth. Why is that so? I believe it is so because when things are going well we don't feel the need for Him therefore do not spend as much time seeking Him. Oh, we might thank Him for the blessings we are experiencing but that deep need, that earnest longing for Him escalates in time of great need.

It is also in these times of hardship that we have the greatest availability for spiritual growth. It is a time when we get an opportunity to find out what we are really made of. My, my, my, I can feel the Holy Spirit chielsing away at my prideful flesh as things don't go the way I expected them to. And in these times of conviction I recognize the weakness of my flesh and my need of our Lord, Jesus Christ. And when I see the darkness of the world around me, I long for Him with a burning desire for He is my Hero and in Him is my hope. Precious, precious Jesus.

Dear saints, there is no doubt that the world is in great need of a hero. Our heavenly Father sent Him to us two thousand years ago. Our need for Him is no less than it was then nor when the Jewish people cried out to God in their captivity. God is using these difficult times to give us the opportunity to draw closer to Him. I encourage you, as I am encouraged, to draw near to Him while He can be found. Now is the time to allow the Holy Spirit to do a work in our lives that we might be built up in our most holy faith in Him Who came to save us. Allow your heart to long after Him who loves you with an unending love. I know that we will never be sorry that we did.
Anonymous User
Re: Longing for Him
November 20, 2007 07:31AM
Very good post and may I say AMEN!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login