Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Living Right In A Wrong World. (682 Views)

Anonymous User
Living Right In A Wrong World. (682 Views)
May 11, 2007 11:17AM
Living right in a wrong world

Good morning everyone I would like to repost a lesson that I did on this subject a couple years ago that I think would still benefit us today.

Lets ask the Holy Spirit to reveal Gods word to us.
Let it be even as I ask dear Lord amen.

This lesson needs to be refreshed in our minds and hearts as the day of the Lord draws near.

LIVING RIGHT IN A WRONG WORLD.

How come as children of God we can easily believe in God and that He indeed exists. Yes even we may have surrender our lives to Jesus as our Savior. But! have we Surrender our self’s to Him so that He can live His life though us to show us how the Father wants us to live.
The Word of God tells us that we must make Him the Lord of our lives as well as our savior.

I will list some verse’s that gives this truth to us. In all verses Jesus as is called Our Lord.

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called [to be] saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

In this verse below it is given unto us that we are to live (Reckon) our lives as thou we are deed to our past lives making Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ok now lets take a look at What it means to call Jesus Christ Our Lord.

1- he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has
power of deciding; master, lord .

2- the possessor and disposer of a thing

3- the owner; one who has control of the person, the master

4- It is a title of honor expressive of respect and reverence,
with which servants greet their master.

5-We must remember that this title is given to: God, the Messiah, Christ Jesus. The second person of the triune God Head.

It is easy for us to believe that God created heaven and earth. But some how we fail to believe the rest of the story that is recorded in His word to us.

We make the mistake of saying, Well! we have given our self’s to God and it is His responsibility to take care of us.

Brothers and Sister we are wrong in our presumption that He will take care of us without doing our part.

Just what is our part we might ask ourselves?

God has giving us a road map for living our lives for Him. It is called the Holy Bible and it is a sad statement on our part because we fail to consult the Bible (Gods Word to us)
for His principles of right living.

The times that we do read His Word we read it in the flash with no understanding and we become confused about the things of God.

So we live our lives thinking that God has let us down.

Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what [is] good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

What a sad, sad commentary on our part. We miss out on the very best things that God has for us So we refuse to believe what God has and is showing us in His word to us. As noted in verse below.

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that hearth the word, and understand [it]; which also bearish fruit, and brunet forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

We make our traditions from false teaching of Gods word to us and then we call our traditions the truth of Gods word. Then we lead a life that is wrong and displeasing to God.

Mar 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Because of our refusal to accept the absolute truth of His word to us we live in sin, our lives is miserable because of these sins.

WE try to live our lives our own way, and do not have the foggiest knowledge of how God want us to live and how He wants to bless us

1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1Jo 2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1Jo 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Jesus said in John 8 31-32 that if we continue in His Word then we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free.

Jhn 8:31 ¶ Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed; 

Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

We are so busy living it our own way that we leave God completely out of our lives.

Thus we go back into being captives once again in the darkness that we came out of.

This is the main reason that we are not live our lives victorious in Jesus.
We can not see because of the darkness of sin in our lives.

You see we must believe that God is who He says He is.

Exd 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Just how do we do this? WE DO IT BY FAITH IN THE LIVING WORD TO US. HEARING AND THEN OBEYING.

Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

If we do not do all things in faith it is sin in Gods eyes.

Then we can not live right in this world that has gone bad.

Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin.

WE live by faith not by sight. We must take time to study the word of God, learn what it says and then do it.(obey,0bey.) What it instructs us to do. If we do this, we can then began to live a righteously life and thus avoid the pitfalls of sin.

Being set free we then can live right in a world that has gone bad.

Jhn 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Jhn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Brother and Sister we are A Spiritual People, A holy people that has been set aside for God as such we must live accordingly, in order to live a rigorous life before God. Because God is a Spirit we are created in His image. We must live our lives as being spiritual in order to please our God.

Jhn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

End of Part One
YBIC

John
Anonymous User
Re: Living Right In A Wrong World. (366 Views)
May 11, 2007 12:34PM
Blessings John,

As I was reading your post so many different thoughts and emotions touched my heart. For so much of my life I strived to obey God but I know in truth that I 'obeyed' when I remembered to do so. Even saying "Jesus is Lord" was more word action than life action, being more busy with the things of this world than things of God's heavenly kingdom.

There is no doubt in my heart that it is only through a personal relationship with our Lord that we can really come to know what our heavenly Father's will is for us. And when we build a relationship with Him, we are soon overwhelmed with His goodness and His love for us! It is truly mind altering to come to a realization how very deeply Abba, God, loves us and yearns for relationship with us. Praise be to God! It is from with place of oneness with Christ Jesus that our hearts fill with gratitude and thanksgiving and in this place we yearn to please Him and our heavenly Father, seeing Jesus as our Lord and Bridegroom and the richess of God's love.

In our wedding vows we vow to "honor and obey". May we learn to do this in the spirit as well, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

To know Him is to love Him,
Joan
Anonymous User
Re: Living Right In A Wrong World. (335 Views)
May 12, 2007 09:17AM
Part two.

Just imagine how disgusted God is with His people who try to be religious enough to enjoy His blessing while all the time they are living just to please themselves.

When we live to please ourselves we cannot truly enjoy the abundant life that comes from a right (RIGHTEOUS) relationship with God.

Here's is a spiritual truth. If we are born again we can not even enjoy the pleasures of our sins because the Holy Spirit that is living in us will bring conviction to us.

Because we have a limited knowledge of God and His word in our hearts we will not even be aware of why we are feeling guilty.

Thus we live in guilt and not know why and the reason behind it.

Psa 119:114 Thou [art] my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Those of us who are living half in the Word of God and half in the world are living a self centered life. The Word of God calls it as being a double minded person.

You see there is a balance to the word of God that we must achieve.

It is not as I said above. Living half in the word of God and half in the world. This is a self centered balance that will cause us to be identified with the double minded man that is described in Jam 1:8.

We must come off the fence of living our life that is controlled by the war between our flesh and the Holy Spirit , You se this is a unbalanced life that is unproductive in the things of God.

WE must strive for a balance of living according to the Word of God. This will be a way of life that is balanced in the Word of God that is controlled by the Holy Spirit that lives in us. Amen.

It will be productive in the things of God that will be pleasing to Him.

Jam 1:8 A double minded man [is] unstable in all his ways.

In sharp contrast to the double minded person is the right standing person in Gods sight is a believer who has whole heartedly placed his trust and confidence in God and His Word.

This believer will be filled with the Holy Spirit putting on the full armor of God before he start out each day. This will be done regardless of how he or she feels. For we do not live our lives on how we feel but on what the Word of God says.

Luk 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Do you as a believer want to be blessed. Then here is how we are to be blessed in our lives.

Luk 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed [are] they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
The believer’s faith grows in only one way.

Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word “hearing” is important to us in that it gives unto us this picture of the believer’s life.

He or she will read the Word of God and then allow the Holy Spirit speak it truth to us

This believer will have God as his shield and God will be his hiding place in times of trouble and in times of comfort. His relationship with God will be upright and good well pleasing to Him.

Psa 32:7 Thou [art] my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Psa 119:114 Thou [art] my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

This believers will be walking in the light of the Love that God has for his children. Experiencing all the greatness of His Kingdom.

Isa 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Do an in-depth study of the whole chap. of PS: 119. It teaches us on about how our hearts cry should be for the word of God.

God loves us so much that not only did He gave us His Son Jesus to die for our sins. He also gave us His word so that we can learn to not sin against Him.

Psa 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee
His Word is all so eternal forever settled in heaven never changing. Forever True. For ever alive. Always doing that what the Father sends it forth to do. It never comes back void.

Psa 119:89 . For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Ps: 119:105 tells us that His word is a light for our pathway as we walk in this life.
He did not stop their. He all so gave us His Holy Spirit to be our helper.

Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jhn 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Notice in verse 15 He said that if you Love me (This is a key statement to us) If you Love me Keep my commandments. Meaning to me that if we know in our hearts that we love Him. We will desire to obey Him by keeping His commandments to us.

He tells us in the next series of verses the very Heart of the Love that the Father has for us His children. O What manner of love that The Father has for us to call us His children.

1Jo 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

MY cry to all of us as children of God is to get a hold of this Love that He has for us and never to let go, never to lose sight of this wondrous love that He loves us with.

He loves us so much that He gives us His Holy Spirit to help us to attain this love of His. In the below verse's it tells us just how His Spirit will help us.

Jhn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jhn 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

Jhn 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

As we live our life right before our God He will meet our physical needs and worldly need thru our work place but more important He gave us His Word to meet or spiritual needs as we study His Word and obey to best of our ability.

It is very important to remember this.(ONLY ACTION BASED IN FAITH ON THE PRICIIBLE OF HIS WORD TO US WILL BE EFFECTIVE FOR US TO LIVE RIGHT IN A WRONG WORLD.

A very important question we must ask of our self’s every day all the time is this. ( HOW MUCH OF ETENITY IS INVOLVED IN WHAT WE ARE DOING.)

HUMAN WISDOM CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF GOD IN OUR LIVES.

We do not learn of Gods love from human experiences. We must be continuing ( Reading and studying) in the Holy Scriptures and obeying it in order for the Spirit to teach us right living in a wrong world.

The word of God is our final authority. we must let the Spirit reveal God's absolute truth of the Word to us. This He will do if we let Him. This only if we are continuing daily in His Word to us.

We must use the Word of God as fuel to feed the Holy Spirit that is living in our hearts. So that the light of God's Word Will shine brighter and brighter in our lives.

The Holy Spirit can only guide our lives by how much of the Word that we have hid in our hearts. Because the scriptures represent the voice of God in our lives.

The Holy Spirit speaks to us with the voice of God through the word. We must listen in our enter ear which is one of the doorways to our souls and spirit. We must achieve this goal because it is paramount to living right in a wrong world. we must listen to what the Holy Spirit tells us thru the word. Not only must we listen but if we want to live right we must obey.
End of Part two
YBIC
John
Anonymous User
Re: Living Right In A Wrong World. (375 Views)
May 14, 2007 03:33PM
I would like to start this session with a word picture.
Lets take a onion with its many layers of meat per say. you start on the outer layer and peel off the layers in succession. One layer at a time. As you peel off the layers you will get closer and closer to the sweet heart of the onion.
The word of God is a lot like the layers of that onion You start off with the milk of the word and graduate into the very meat of Gods Word. The more of His word that is revealed to us the sweeter that the understanding of who God is in the affairs of this world and especially in our own lives.

The Love for God's word must be one of the and indeed the most important thing of our lives. Just ask the Palmist -he said in the Word,(THEY LAW DO I LOVE, I HOPE IN THY WORD. I WILL KEEP THY COMMANDMENTS OH GOD.UPHOLD ME ACCORDING INTO THY WORD).

The Palmist cry was and must be our heart's cry give me understanding that I may know thy testimonies. God give us our hearts cry. Amen

I recommend that you do a complete reading of the 119th chapter. of palsm.Study it carefully and consider what the Spirit is telling us about how we must desire the word of God above all else.

Let the words of ps. 119 be your hearts cry for the word of God.

Psa 119:95 The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: [but] I will consider thy testimonies.

Psa 119:96 I have seen an end of all perfection: [but] thy commandment [is] exceeding broad.

Psa 119:97 MEM. O how love I thy law! it [is] my meditation all the day.

Psa 119:98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they [are] ever with me.

Psa 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies [are] my meditation.

Study the verses above and consider the contrast of the sinner from that of the righteous believer seeking the Word of God.

We must never think of the Spirit as an influence or power that we can use or manipulate to do our will. We must think of the Holy spirit as the word of God presents Him to us.

OUT TEACHER, OUR GUIDE, OUR CONFERTOR, HE IS OUR SEAL OF
REDEMPTION, HE IS THE WATER THAT FLOWES FROM HEAVEN THAT FEEDS AND CAUSES US TO GROW IN THE LORD, HE IS THE FIRE FROM HEAVEN THAT SEPERATE US FROM SIN AS HE REVEALS THE WORD TO US,YOU SEE HE USES THE WORD AS A TWO EDGE SWORD THAT DEVIDES OUR SINFUL NATURE FROM OUR RIGHTEOUS NATURE.

He is the 3rd person of the triune Godhead who wants to get a hold of us and use us for the GLORY OF GOD.

For we must desire and want to be possessed of the Holy Spirit as He comes and makes us the temple of God.

Then and only then will we be able to be lead into a righteous life. This is when we can begin to live right in a wrong world.

Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord [is].

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

The above verses tells us to be careful in how we live our live for Him. They are also telling us to watch out, be sensitive, to be alert at all times.

They gives us a word picture of a person coming to a very crowed road full of cars going by at all speeds.

Now picture this ? Would you step out into all that traffic with out first being alert and very careful. Of course we would not. But consider this every day that we live is more dangerous then that roadway.

We must learn how to apply what we have learned of the Word of God to our daily lives in order to live right in a wrong world.

Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding.

Pro 9:11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.

In order to live right in a wrong world we must first be totally surrendered to the Word of God

If we are not willing to obey the word. If we are not willing to fear God and be willing to express that fear in obedience. Then we will not have the wisdom to live a right life in a wrong world.

In Colossians 19 it says for us to ask to be filled with the knowledge of His Will in all Spiritual wisdom and understanding. Verse 10 tells us that this wisdom will cause us to be able to walk worthy of our Lord To be ever increasing in the Knowledge of Him.

Col 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

The word filled above means to be controlled by the Holy Spirit.

Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

The word worthy means that we will be pleasing to Him.

WE are spiritual beings. We have been borne of the Spirit of God.

Why may I ask then why is it that we are afraid to be controlled by God's Spirit?

I can tell you That the believer that have not bowed down to Jesus as Lord of their lives has no understanding of Gods Word to us, His love for us. They have not learned to love the Word of God.

They have a low view, a dark view of the absolute truth of Gods word to us. So therefore they do not know how to live right in a wrong world.

The believers that are livening right are making proper biblical choices moment by moment as they live their lives in the darkness that is covering this world. A world that is governed by all the wrong worldly truths. Which is the dark lies of the evil one.

These lies that are listed in Gal5:17-21 are expressed in our lives when we are living wrong in this world.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

They are just the opposite of when we are living right in a wrong world.

They are the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

end of part three.
YBIC
John
Anonymous User
Re: Living Right In A Wrong World. (430 Views)
May 18, 2007 08:06AM
The word of God tells us to make the most of our time. And I am here to tell you that time is running out. Jesus is coming very soon to receive His bride from the evil of this world. We must be about our Fathers will for us.
The world is becoming evil continually. Darkness is settled over our world. But the word tells us that we are the light of this world. So I encourage us to let our light shine so that all can see that we belong to God.
We must indever to make the right chooses based upon the Word of God moment by moment, by moment. Redeeming the time that is allotted to us.
WE can not live our live on the chooses that we made in the past. WE must make chooses based upon The word of God that is revealed to us today as we live our lives for God.
Eph: 5:8 tells us to be filled with the Spirit .

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Filled here means to be constantly and consistently at every moment, at all times be under the control of the Holy Spirit.
Because we live in a evil world system that has gong wrong.

I will close with the prayer from Eph: 1:16>23 This is my prayer for of us here on the Warriors of God Board for this coming year. May He give unto us this request. Because I ask it in the name of Jesus Christ to whom I serve and live and have my being. Be it so Lord Jesus.
I JOHN IN THE NAME OF JESUS
Eph 1:16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Eph 1:19 And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places],

Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Eph 1:22 And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church,

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

I ask this For all your children here at WG and believers every where, so that we can live right in a wrong world Lord Jesus. I Pray in the name of Jesus. Amen
your son in Christ
John
Brothers and sister I pray also that this lesson will bless you as you read it. Give all the Glory to God because I have shared from my heart what I feel that the Spirit would want us to hear.
I ask all so That God would purge any untruths that I have posted to you from our hearts and that only His truths would remain and be planted and watered by His Spirit causing it to grow in our hearts. Hear me Father God and cause your word to be received with power of the Holy Spirit to cause us to have joy and gladness of heart. Amen, amen
YBIC
John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login