Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reply to post re:Todd Bentley at another site (521 Views)

Anonymous User
Reply to post re:Todd Bentley at another site (521 Views)
May 12, 2008 10:00AM
Dear saints,

I am posting a response I placed at another site in regards to Todd Bentley. This dear man of God questioned the actions of Todd Bentley and I was led to respond to his post. I am placing that response to here for others to read. If you have questions regarding what is going on through the ministry of Todd Bentley in Lakeland, Florida please free to share your views, whether pro or con, here. We are not to follow blindly but by the leading of the Holy Spirit.

My response is as follows:

Hi (name omitted). Hmmm. I am sure you understand what it is to experience opposition at a move of God. We hadn't even returned home from Florida when there was a call waiting us by a woman at the new church we are attending, stating how the elders wanted to get together to talk about Todd Bentley and the move that is taking place there. Time didn't afford us the opportunity to talk with them other than the short time we had yesterday morning at church. At that time we were handed a cd of the teaching one had done last Sunday. Fortunately, the Holy Spirit had also afforded us a teaching done by a mighty man of God last month and which we had received in the mail the day we returned home. Go, God, go!!!

Then I come in and see your post and recognize that there are things taking place at the Lakeland Outpouring that people are not accustomed to. For whatever reason the tape you set forth here was not working properly but what I received by what you wrote was that you are used to the gentleness of the Holy Spirit moving in these gatherings via God's servants. Well, the Holy Spirit reminded me of another man of God who moved mightily with a healing anointing. He was known to "push" people around and get loud with them. So, I quickly went to the book "God's Generals" by Roberts Liardon to see if I remembered correctly and, sure enough, I found what I was looking for on page 215. Perhaps you have heard of this man before? His name is Smith Wigglesworth.

With great fear and trembling I stand behind the work that is taking place in Lakeland, Florida believing it to be of God. I have prayed and asked the Lord to reveal if this is of Him or not and so far ever indication is "yes, it is." In Joel 2:28-32 we read:
28 “ And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
30 “ And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
32 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Shall be saved.
For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,
As the LORD has said,
Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

HALLELUJAH!!! You will hear many say that we are in the last days and yet they come against God's Spirit being poured out mightily upon His people. While the Great Commission given to us through Christ Jesus is being manifested many doubt that it is of God! Yes, we read in Scripture where satan will do many signs and wonders in the last days but will he glorify the name of Jesus? I think not! Jesus is being lifted up in these meetings. Holiness is being talked of. Give our lives to Him is being preached. People are being commissioned into service. Lives are being changed. Is that the work of satan? Can satan cast out satan? Would God honor a work of the enemy?

Unconventional? What about someone who puts their fingers into your ears, spits and then touches your tongue. Pretty gross is you ask me. Yet, that is exactly what Jesus did and is accounted in Mark 7:33 - "And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue;" What about Mark 8:23 - "And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought." Jesus took authority and did whatever He was instructed to do. Granted, it wasn't all gentle and soft as we have seen in the pass through His servants Kathryn Kulman and Brant Baker but Jesus did some rather unconvential things in His day just as we will in this day that we are living. We have been pushed around by the enemy far too long. Don't you think the Holy Spirit might use some gumption in this day as well as in the days Jesus walked the earth and worked through servants such as Smith Wigglesworth?

OK, I've had my peace. You know my heart. Jesus, be magnified and Father be glorified through Him in His sweet name I pray. Amen.

:-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login