Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forgiveness (512 Views)

Anonymous User
Forgiveness (512 Views)
May 19, 2008 12:19PM
Forgiveness is one of the strongest weapons that the true Christian has in his arsenal. Forgiving someone that has done you wrong, whether perceived or outright wronged is a very strong weapon indeed. If done face to face they may start to cry, get angry, look puzzled that you took something they have said “like that”, ignore you, brush you off, or anything else that you came imagine. If you forgive someone that has wronged you over the telephone or other forms of communication, you can expect any or all of the above but rarely will one say that they did not mean to offend or sin against you and that they are truly sorry.

But this can only happen if you are forgiven yourself. Forgiveness of self has to come from the Lord when you ask it of Him. There is no other way. You can not forgive yourself, no matter what people may say, “forgiveness of self” can only come from the one who created us.

Psalms 25:18 “Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.”
Ephesians 4:32 “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”

1 Kings 8:34 “Then hear thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of thy people Israel, and bring them again unto the land which thou gavest unto their fathers.”
1 Kings 8:36
1 Kings 8:39
1 Kings 8:50

2 Chronicles 6:21 “Hearken therefore unto the supplications of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, which they shall make toward this place: hear thou from thy dwelling place, even from heaven; and when thou hearest, forgive.” {make: Heb. pray} {toward...: or, in this place}
2 Chronicles 6:25
2 Chronicles 6:27
2 Chronicles 6:30
2 Chronicles 6:39
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” {which...: Heb. upon whom my name is called}

Psalms 86:5 “For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.”

Matthew 6:12 “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.”

Ephesians 1:5-7
5 “Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,”
6 “To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.”
7 “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;”

Colossians 1:12-14
12 “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:”
13 “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: “
14 “In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:”

The one thing that I ask of you and admonish you is to make sure of your forgiveness for your sins before you ask forgiveness of another man or woman {brother or sister in Christ}, lest you receive it and it is to no avail for how can we justify unforgiveness in our lives and turn around and forgive or ask forgiveness of someone that we perceived to have done us wrong or sinned against us?

Matthew 7:3 “And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?”

Mote: wrong or perceived wrong done to us.
Beam: sin in our lives.

God Bless!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login