Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who Can Know The Mind Of God? (593 Views)

Anonymous User
Who Can Know The Mind Of God? (593 Views)
July 02, 2008 10:57AM
Who Can Know The Mind Of God?

Romans 11:34 says “For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?”
[mind = nous, nooce - the intellect, i.e. mind (divine or human; in thought, feeling, or will); by implication, meaning:--mind, understanding.]

The Lord our God is omnipresent and omnipotent.

Have you ever looked up at night sky and tried to count all the stars, thought about what lies beyond the most distant star or even standing on the top of the world; can you see any further? My imagination would run wild at the very thought of the stars and what lays beyond the beyond. I’ve come to the conclusion that my earth bound {ie finite} brain cannot wrap around such a subject or thought and if we admit it, neither can any of us humans.

Now, what about the mind of God? Can any of us know the mind of God, I mean really really know the mind of God? The one who “created with a word“, the universe including this earth and all things thereupon. This includes us as He states in Genesis 1:26-27 “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.” 27 “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”

We may ‘think’ that we know the mind of the God from all the studies that we have done or are in the process of doing. Studies of the bible, studies of “Gnostic” gospels, studies of Jesus, Peter, Paul, David, Jeremiah, and so on. But do we really know what God has in store for us, or even the universe?

1 Corinthians 2:16 “For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.”
[Lord = kurios, koo'-ree-os - from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir.]
[Christ = Christos, khris-tos' - anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus:--Christ.]

We think we know the mind of God and are going about quoting scripture and/or going about “living” the christian life that we may be seen of others. I’m not saying that these things are not worthwhile in and amongst themselves, but when we desire to be seen of other men then I believe that we are fooling ourselves and God has something to say about that.

But how does that get us close to the mind of God? Can we know the mind of God the father when not even His son, our Lord Jesus says that He doesn’t know the full mind of God?

Matthew 24:35 “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
36 “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”
37 “But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”

Mark 13:31 “Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.”
32 “But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.”
33 “Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.”

Our Lord Jesus has given us a “commandment” in 2 Timothy 2:15 which says “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

[Study = spoudazo, spoo-dad'-zo - to use speed, i.e. to make effort, be prompt or earnest:--do (give) diligence, be diligent (forward), endeavour, labour, study.]
[Word = logos, log'-os - something said (including the thought); by implication, a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, (with the article in John) the Divine Expression (i.e. Christ):--account, cause, communication, concerning, doctrine, fame, have to do, intent, matter, mouth, preaching, question, reason, + reckon, remove, say(-ing), shew, speaker, speech, talk, thing, + none of these things move me, tidings, treatise, utterance, word, work.]

Study Gods written word and then go outside of your “comfort zone” and apply His word to someone else using yourself as an example. An example of Gods love and compassion for “His” people.

And NO we cannot know the mind of God! We know in part but when that day comes we will know the fulness of the mind of God!

Matthew 25:13 “Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login