Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Minute for April 14th: (443 Views)

Anonymous User
American Minute for April 14th: (443 Views)
April 14, 2009 07:59AM
American Minute for April 14th:

Noah Webster first published his Dictionary on APRIL 14, 1828. This 26-year project with 30,000 new definitions, standardized spelling and gave American English its identity. Proving unprofitable, the rights were purchased after his death by George and Charles Merriam. In the preface of his original edition, Noah Webster wrote: "In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government ought to be instructed...No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people." Noah Webster concluded: "To that great and benevolent Being...who has borne me and my manuscripts in safety across the Atlantic, and given me strength and resolution to bring the work to a close, I would present the tribute of my most grateful acknowledgments." Noah Webster's Dictionary defined "Property" as "The exclusive right of possessing, enjoying and disposing of a thing; ownership. In the beginning of the world, the Creator gave to man dominion over the earth...It is one of the greatest blessings of civil society that the property of citizens is well secured."

www.AmericanMinute.com
Anonymous User
Re: American Minute for April 14th: (256 Views)
April 14, 2009 08:37AM
Dear Saints,

In a day when we are seeing so many of our liberties being taken away from us it is most important that we remind our children and our grandchildren how blessed America was when it was a country that truly saw itself as "one nation under God." Christianity is not just another religion amongst religions, it is the unfailing truth of our God who loves His creation beyond compare, so much so that He was willing to restore us back to Him after man fell in the garden at the cost that was higher than most of us could imagine - the suffering, pain and death of His only begotten Son, Christ Jesus. Jesus Christ is not a figment of our imagination, nor is He a character created out of our desire to have a hero. He is the Redeemer of mankind, and He was with God before the world was created. Our heavenly Father knew that man would turn away from His will in the garden but because He loves us so very, very much, He provided a way for man to be be restored back to Him and we see it early on in Scripture in Genesis 3:15. Those who have eyes to see and ear see Christ Jesus spoken of throughout the Bible and understand that He is the only way to be restored back to God as He is The Way, The Truth and The Life. Jesus is not "a way" but "The Way" and those who do not see and believe this truth are doomed to eternal seperation from God. Oh God, that the eyes of the unsaved would be opened!

While this country was founded on Christian truth and values, we are seeing the very foundation of this country crumbling as Christianity is under attack. Our government is not only taking the freedom and liberties that this country once enjoyed as a Christian nation, but it is infiltrating it with "foreign gods" thus not only pushing the One True God further away from us but slapping Him in the face as well. It is one thing to turn your back on God, it is quite another to welcome in other gods. The very first commandment given to Moses states, "“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me (Exodus 20:2-3)." We are living in serious times. God has every right to crush this nation for we have welcomed in ways that are not His ways, even to the shedding of innocent blood through abortions. Oh, how my heart grieves for the wrong this nation has done to our loving and faithful God.

Dear Ones, teach your children of God's goodness towards those who trust in Him and follow His ways. Remind them how His hand and grace was extended in the forming of this, the United States of America. Let them know that this was a country set up with His Word as the foundation and pray and teach them to prayer that we be restored back to Him. In 2 Chronicles 7:14 we read, "If My people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." God is faithful to keep His Word if we are faithful to follow after it.

Seeking Him anew,
Joan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login