Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy Rosh Hashana (292 Views)

Anonymous User
Happy Rosh Hashana (292 Views)
September 16, 2015 07:36PM
Happy Rosh Hashana! Sunday evening was the start of the Jewish New Year and was the beginning of the Days of Awe or Days of Repentance which concludes with Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. These are holy days and days which I believe there is an open heaven. I know this might sound strange to some people and they have no clue why I would be even sharing it here. I do so because I believe there is a great need for believers in Christ Jesus to come to a greater understanding of who we are in Christ and who He is to the world. And there is a great need for people who are overwhelmed by the cares of the world to understand that they have a heavenly Father who loves them and who sent His Son to die for their sins and who, through Jesus, has given everything they need to be overcomers in this world. God desires that none should perish but, unfortunately, people perish because of their choice or by their lack of knowlege of His ways or of His Word. There are others out there who can better explain what I am trying to share here and perhaps this will become a challenge to them to do just that! You know who you are! smile emoticon This is not a time for us to be silent. The need to inform people is greater than our comfort. Now, if this offends you, then don't read on. That's your choice. But if you feel something stirring in you, it is because the God of all creation wants to talk to you, He's reaching out to you. He desires to talk to all of us. He loves us and wants the best for us, always. Challenges in our lives doesn't mean that God doesn't love us. As long as we live in this world there will be challenges but they are just opportunities to test our faith in the Lord, and as we trust Him that test becomes our testimony of His faithfulness and His goodness.

Now, I was going to share what He shared with me these past two days but I will leave that for tomorrow. There is such a nudging in me to tell you the importance of these days between Rosh Hashana (September 13) through Yom Kippur (ending sundown September 23, 2015). These are meant to be days of reflection in our lives in regards how we have lived them. Have we hurt others Have we stolen, lied, cursed, judged, etc.? Has we looked to help others or have we selfishly thought of ourselves before others? If we have done wrong, this is the time to repent before God. And on the evening of September 22 starts Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. It is a time for us to consider how we have sinned against God. Have we done things we know He would us not do? Have we failed to do the things He has placed in our hearts to do? Then we are to repent of this. Why? Because when we do wrong before God and man it harms us and it harms those around us and darkness has more presence in our lives. Think about it. Ask God to reveal Himself to you. Granted, I understand that these are Jewish holy days but they open an opportunity for us to reflect on our Christian walk, if you are a follower of Christ.Ask for these things to be revealed to you in the name of Jesus because it is through Jesus we have access to God. Don't believe me. Try it for yourself and see if God will not respond to your request. Don't wait. Time is getting shorter and shorter. You never know when it will be too late...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login