Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"An island unto himself..." (682 Views)

Anonymous User
"An island unto himself..." (682 Views)
November 13, 2007 08:38AM
This morning I was seeking the Lord as what to post in this area. What I heard in my spirit was "an island unto himself often gets overtaken by the storms of life." I instantly had an image of a small island being overtaken by strong winds and great waves. It was overtaken by the sea and I knew the devastation produced by this storm would be great to this little island. And I knew what the Lord was saying with these words and vision. We have all heard the expression, "No man is an island unto himself." God never intended us to be alone. He even showed this in the garden when He declared, "it is not good for man to be alone." So He gave a helpmate to Adam. God not only created us to have fellowship with Him but to have fellowship with each other. Look at Jesus when He went to the garden to pray, He had His disciples go with Him and wait.

Dear ones, many of us are going through great trials and tribulations. Often times we think we are to handle these situations by ourselves, calling upon the Lord for help and strength. Yes, this we must call upon the Lord for sure. But God has provided more for us here and now. He has given us "family" in Christ Jesus. Many of us have spouses and family in the natural. Plus there are friends we know we can turn to for wise counsel. There are provisons for us here and now. God will often speak through others when we can not hear directly from Him. That is His goodness towards us and we must reach out to those He has provided for us, not thinking that we can do it on our own.

Hear the Lord today, "An island unto himself often gets overtaken by the storms of life." We are meant to fellowship with one another and the best source of fellowship is with those who are Christ centered. Seek those who manifest the fruit of the Spirit and who give godly counsel. When you are going through difficult times, do not try to stand alone. There are those who would be honored to stand along side of you and help you through the difficult times in your life. We all need one another. Each one who is a believer in Christ Jesus is a part of the whole that makes up the body of Christ. It is my prayer that the many parts of His people will join together being like-minded in Christ and loving of one another as He has loved us and continues to do so, no longer being an island unto ourselves by people of His kingdom walking upon the earth for His glory. Hallelujah!!!

Praising Him,
Joan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login