Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memorial Day (645 Views)

Anonymous User
Memorial Day (645 Views)
May 28, 2007 07:37AM
"Then He took a loaf [of bread], and when He had given thanks He broke [it] and gave it to them saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." Luke 22:19

"No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends." John 15:13

This morning I came with a hearts desire to pay tribute to those who have given their lives so that we might be free. First and foremost is our Lord Jesus Christ who laid down His life for us so that we could be free from sin that kills and then to those who have given their lives that we might live in freedom upon the earth. Even as a small child, to see our flag flying would touch my heart and I was so proud to be an American. At the time I did not know what it cost others so that I could live in a free land but now that I do, there are no words to describe my thankfulness. The freedom that we live in did not come cheaply just like the liberty that has been given to us through Christ Jesus. It was shed blood that brought and paid for the liberty we live in and the cost was high and we must never forget this.

Since 9/ll I have added to my list "those to be thankful for" and they are police officers and fire men and women who have selflessly given to protect and aid us and this day they are remembered along with those who served in the military. If you are one who has served or is serving in the military or are a police officer or fire person, we are thankful for your service. If you have lost someone who has served in this capacity know that we mourn with you and their lives were not lost in vain. We are praying for you and for them, that God would count their act of service as righteousness unto Him for they have displayed the greatest act of love as did our Lord Jesus for they did "lay down (give up) his/her own life for his/her friends." May God richly bless them and their families, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Miss Joan

As a former military man and a former police officer, I give all honor to those men and women who have and still do put their lives before others in the performance of their duties. Living or dead, you have given yourselves for Christ first and country second.

Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login