Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

THIS IS MY BELOVED SON (597 Views)

Anonymous User
THIS IS MY BELOVED SON (597 Views)
May 29, 2007 12:52PM
I keep hearing pastors, teachers, ministers, and almost anyone in church government {my wife and I fell into this last category for some years} that tells us that the highest praise that we can expect from our heavenly Father is “well done good and faithful servant”. I went along with this “philosophy, doctrine, or whatever you call it” for some time {years to be exact} and then one time I heard a biblical teacher say that he wanted his heavenly Father to say to him “this is my beloved son” and within a very few months a prophet and teacher named Lloyd Phillips prophesied to me that my Lord said to me “this is my beloved son”. Now that struck a cord deep down inside of me!

I’ve come back throughout the years to Lloyd Phillips prophesy and the teacher’s statement “this is my beloved son” but due to the fact that I dare say, I and many of my brethren had heard “well done good and faithful servant” so many times from so many sources, that that’s what we believed and lived our lives to hear from our Lord.

I can only find two places {verses of scripture} were Jesus ever said “Well done, thou good and faithful servant” and these are in Matthew 25 verses 21 & 23 and this is in the parable of the three servants that were given 5, 2, and 1 talents {And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to each servant according to his ability}. How and Why did the church pick up on just these two verses of scripture of the servants and be blinded to all of the other scriptures that say we are sons and daughters of the most high God?

I do not personally know the How and the Why except to say that God’s and therefore our sworn enemy, Satan, has blinded us to the truth of who we are, sons and daughters of our Lord God.

There are two words used in the Greek for sons and daughters, teknon, tek'-non - a “child” (as produced):--child, daughter, son, descendant - and - huios, hwee-os' - a “son" used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship, descendant, offspring.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons [teknon] of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son [huios] abideth ever.

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons [huios] of God.

Romans 8:17 ¶ And if children [teknon], then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons [huios] of God.

2 Corinthians 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons [huios] and daughters [huios], saith the Lord Almighty.

Galatians 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons [huios] .
Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons [huios], God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons [teknon] of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Hebrews 2:10 ¶ For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons [huios] unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons [huios]; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons [huios].

1 John 3:1 ¶ Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons [teknon] of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons [teknon] of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

According to the previous scriptures “WE” are the “sons and daughters” of our Lord El-Elyon meaning we are the children of “the most high God“.

Man may say “well done good and faithful servant” but as for me I want to hear from my Abba “THIS IS MY BELOVED SON!
Anonymous User
Re: THIS IS MY BELOVED SON (314 Views)
May 29, 2007 01:38PM
Man may say “well done good and faithful servant” but as for me I want to hear from my Abba “THIS IS MY BELOVED SON!

O what a sweet sound it will be when we hear our Father say to the univese.

This is my sons and Daughters whom my beloved Son has redeemed from the fallen prince of the earth. amen

YBIC
John
Anonymous User
Re: THIS IS MY BELOVED SON (381 Views)
June 02, 2007 04:33PM
Amen!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login