Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for Wisconsin

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for Wisconsin
July 06, 2007 08:35AM
Good morning Heavenly Father! What a beautiful day is set before us. This is the day the Lord has made. We will be glad and rejoice in it. Hallelujah! Thank You, oh Holy One, for all Your many blessings. How blessed we are to be Your kids! We are even more blessed to be co-laborers with our Brother, Christ Jesus, that we can be an instrument of His peace and goodness,reconciling others to You, Abba God, through Your Precious Son, Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!!! Oh, that the world might come to know You as You truly are and to know Your Son and the richness and depth of Your love for mankind that You sent Your Only Begotten Son to be that bridge between You and them via the cross and His sufferings. Amazing Love, for sure, that saved a wretch like me. How humbling that is. Thank You, Lord.

Father, today we come to lift the state of Wisconsin before You. Looking at it's name I saw the last three letters, "sin". Then I was drawn to the letters before that, "con" and though this state is known as the "Badger State" I knew that You were showing me how this state is symbolic of who we, as Your people are called to be. Seeing "con" I instantly thought of "pros and cons." The understanding the Holy Spirit gave me was that this state was one that knew the "cons" of "sin" and that it was "Wis(e)" against it. This might sound like foolishness to others, but Lord, You can speak to us in any way You choose, glory to God! Reading further into it's history it was shown how Wisconsin was strong in supporting the Civil War efforts, abolition, women's sufferage and especially prohibition. There is a prophetic mantle over this state and we pray it rises up to the calling You have placed over it, in Jesus' name! Father, according to the Wikipedia encyclopedia, they have this further to say about it's name: Other theories are that the name comes from words meaning "Gathering of the Waters" or "Great Rock." Wisconsin originally was applied to the Wisconsin River, and later to the area as a whole when Wisconsin became a territory.Wow! If that isn't prophetic, then what is??? Oh, Jesus, may Your Living Waters flow out mightily across this land. Gather us together in Your Spirit and Your will as we stand firmly upon the Great Rock of our salvation, Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

Please, Lord, forgive the transgressions that have taken place on this land and restore it to it's holy calling in Christ Jesus, in His name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login