Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Day 36 - Pray the Vote - Prayer & Fasting

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Day 36 - Pray the Vote - Prayer & Fasting
October 31, 2008 08:01AM
For A President That Fully Trusts In The Lord

Then Job replied to the LORD: "I know that You can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted.”-- Job 42:2

Holy Lord God, You alone are deserving of our complete faith and trust. You can do anything You choose, and Your plans cannot be thwarted by even the wisest or cleverest of men. You showed Your faithfulness to Job, and You show your faithfulness to us day by day.

Loving God I ask You to give us a president who has complete and total trust in You—faith that has been tested and tried and found true. As You raise up one candidate over another, Lord, bring into office a person who will fully trust in You as they govern. This is our desire and our need, O loving God. Amen.

[www.presidentialprayerteam.org]
---------------------------------------

Heavenly Father, as we continue to pray for the new president to be voted into office this coming Tuesday, it is our earnest prayer that he will be one who fully trusts in You, that he does not lean on his own understanding but is so fully in relationship with You that he can hear Your still, small voice in the midst of others loud voices. Holy One, Your Word says that the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. You gave this earth to man to have dominion over it - not the worlds concept of dominion where we think power and might is the answer, but rather the type of dominion that recognizes the authority given us through Your Son, Jesus Christ, a spiritual dominion bringing down Your kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.

Perhaps I am just rambling here but there is such a burning in my heart to see Your will be done here on earth as it is in heaven, where we fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers on high places, powers of darkness that speaks lies into this world that only ends in man's destruction. You, oh God, have given us eternal life through Your Son, we have been born again of Your seed, that which is holy, righteous and good. Let this country once again be under the banner of Your Son, living to bring Your truth, justice, holiness and love into a lost and dying world. Father, we need a president and those under him that look to You for the answers and the ways in which this country should be led and how it should interact with other countries. Jesus said, "I came not to judge the world but to save it." Oh Father, let America once again be a country that follows after Your Son, a country that fights the good fight of faith and brings You glory, in Jesus' precious name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login