Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Billy out of ICU

Posted by Joan 
Billy out of ICU
October 16, 2008 07:26PM
Hi all,

A quick update to let you know that Billy is out of ICU which means the number given for him there will no longer be available.

Spent the morning and part of the afternoon with him and he mostly slept. I know the Lord is teaching us not to look at the circumstances as they can be discouraging but to rather look at Him and His promises. His Word is Truth, plain and simple. As simple as that sounds, it is not that easy. Since we are so use to going by our five senses, that alone can deter us from the faith we are to have in Him. And, I am learning that faith alone is not enough, if that makes sense. We cannot just sit there and say we trust in God and expect Him to take care of everything. He has equipped us to be not only hearers of the Word but doers of it as well. That is our goal. And it comes through our aggessively holding fast to His Word when the enemy would try to snatch it away from us. What the enemy wants us to believe is those things of the flesh, those things of the senses.

Oh, there is so much more than this as well, like fellowshipping with the Lord, learning to hear His voice and resting in Him while keeping the enemy under your feet! And truly His love and goodness is around us all the time, we just need to be looking for it for if we are we will surely find it.
Goodness, I know I am rambling here. My body is weary but my spirit man is becoming stronger in Him. Hallelujah! So many people we have seen in the family room at the ICU unit. So many suffering. So many needing hope, the only true hope that can be found in Christ Jesus. The comforting thing is, there are many who are putting their trust in Him. Glory to God! We are not alone out there. Many believers are declaring their faith in Christ Jesus. Wonderful days are ahead of us. Though things might seem difficult now it is become ground is being broken. Stand strong. God is for us. Christ has enabled us to be more than conquerors. And conquerors we will be as we look to Him. Hallelujah! All glory and honor be to our God and to our Lord now and forever. Amen.

Praising Him,
Joan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login