Advanced

JESUS OUR KING

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
JESUS OUR KING
April 24, 2008 12:53PM
Jesus, our King
April 24, 2008

This morning I spent some time doing some devotional reading in 1 Kings. It was while reading Solomon’s prayer of dedication for the temple of God that the Holy Spirit stirred greatly in me, showing me things I had never pieced together as it was being pieced together by Him.

Now I know that through Christ Jesus we become the living temple of God, a temple not made by hands but by the Spirit of God that lives and dwells in us through Christ Jesus. Glory!!! Hallelujah!!! Thank You, Jesus!!! But what came to light to me this morning left me in awe of Him who saved us. Praise be to God!!!

In 1 Kings 8:25-26 Solomon is praying to God, saying the following: “You have kept what You promised Your servant David my father; You have both spoken with Your mouth and fulfilled it with Your hand, as it is this day. Therefore, LORD God of Israel, now keep what You promised Your servant David my father, saying, ‘You shall not fail to have a man sit before Me on the throne of Israel, only if your sons take heed to their way, that they walk before Me as you have walked before Me.”

Upon reading that I knew instantly that Jesus is our King today, come down from the line of David. Yet with Christ Jesus, we have a more perfect promise. While David and Solomon strayed from following after God in all their ways, Jesus never did nor will He ever. And while the above promise was made for Israel, through Jesus the promise is given to all those who believe unto Him which our heavenly Father had sent! It’s not just for Israel now. It’s not only for America, or England, or Canada or South America or any one specific nation and people. It is for ALL who believe on Him which the Father sent because of His love for mankind (John 3:16). Thus, the following verses pertain to us who believe:

Ezekiel 36:25-28:" Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God." Galatians 3:14: "that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." and John 4:14: " but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

Truly, through Christ Jesus we have become a new creature and we are the living temple of God. The kingdom that David and Solomon ruled over was one that was of the natural. The kingdom in which Jesus rules over is a spiritual kingdom, it is God’s kingdom where Jesus now sits on the right hand of the Father. Hallelujah!!!

In 1 Kings 9:3-9 we read God’s response to Solomon: “And the LORD said to him: ‘I have heard your prayer and your supplication that you have made before Me; I have consecrated this house which you have built to put My name there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually. 4 Now if you walk before Me as your father David walked, in integrity of heart and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded you, and if you keep My statutes and My judgments, 5 then I will establish the throne of your kingdom over Israel forever, as I promised David your father, saying, ‘You shall not fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.’ 6 But if you or your sons at all turn from following Me, and do not keep My commandments and My statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods and worship them, 7 then I will cut off Israel from the land which I have given them; and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight. Israel will be a proverb and a byword among all peoples. 8 And as for this house, which is exalted, everyone who passes by it will be astonished and will hiss, and say, ‘Why has the LORD done thus to this land and to this house?’ 9 Then they will answer, ‘Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, and worshiped them and served them; therefore the LORD has brought all this calamity on them.’”

The kingdom that David and Solomon were promised was one which rested on their faithfulness to God and the faithfulness of their sons to Him. Yet we see that David found himself in sin as did Solomon. The kingdom granted to Jesus is a kingdom without end. Glory to God!!! That is the kingdom that is promised us through Him. God’s mercy is so incredible that we can read from Scripture where He forgave David his sins when he repented. God is not holding a giant hammer in His hand waiting for the people on earth to do something wrong so He can clobber them! Rather, He longs for them to repent of their evil ways and turn to Him. It’s as simple as that. With Jesus as the King over the kingdom which we are a part of, we are already aware of His loving mercies before us as shown in His sufferings and death on the cross. We serve a King who has not nor will sin! It doesn’t matter what the governments of this earth do. We can rest assured that this kingdom of God will live on and on and on, into eternity. That alone should bring us peace. We don’t have to work to make this kingdom continue to stand. It will stand forever. We do have our part in establishing this kingdom upon the earth as it is in heaven and we should count it an honor and a blessing to be a part of it, amen? AMEN!!! And just think of it, even when we mess up here, Jesus is sitting on the right hand of God making intercession for us!

God is working In the hearts of hungry men, women and children who are seeking after Him with all that they are. He is opening greater revelation to His Word and His will. It is all in His timing. May our hearts be open to receive all He desires to give us in this hour. May His kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven and may we embrace Christ Jesus not only as our Savior but as our Lord and King who is longing to receive His Bride without spot nor blemish. That is the work that is taking place within this hour, a time of great intimacy and revealing of the Beloved to His Bride. That is why so much revelation is being brought forth. Our King desires that we know and understand Him so that we can reign beside Him. We are living in tender and precious days. Our King reigns. He reigns with not only wisdom and understanding but with love and kindness, with mercy and grace. May we draw close to Him now before great judgment covers the earth because of man’s separating from Him and from the One who sent Him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login