Advanced

Pickin' and Choosin'

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Pickin' and Choosin'
June 29, 2008 01:21AM
Pickin’ and Choosin’
June 28, 2008

After having read another article about how many believers are in error, following after their flesh, etc., etc., my heart was so saddened. One need not go into detail to know that there have been those who believe one way and in their eyes anyone who believes differently is wrong. They are able to use Scripture to back why they believe what they believe. Or they might tell of a move of God that they were involved in and they know how God moves and if something comes up that doesn‘t look exactly how they have experienced God move then it isn‘t of God. Not only is it a question of whose right and whose wrong, it becomes even more than that. If we as Christians are to be living epistles read by all men then what are we presenting to them?

All of this was running through my mind tonight as I was talking to the Lord about it, asking Him how we were every going to come to unity in Him if there is so much division in the church or amongst the people. The next thing I know I am seeing a turkey in my spirit, on a platter much like we would see one set on the table at Thanksgiving! I am understanding how one takes only the white meat because that is what they prefer. Another likes the legs as the dark meat is more to their liking. Then I see the neck and giblets, knowing these are the parts that I throw away yet there are many who find these parts very tasty. Instantly I knew that the Holy Spirit is likening the turkey with the body of Christ. There are those who prefer certain parts over other parts and they tend to only “eat” of that part and that is the “part” they become.. Others might eat most of what is available to them but tend to lean more heavily on favored parts. Then there are those who totally omit certain parts because it just looks so “unsavory” and toss these parts out without regarding what these parts might have to offer.

Then the saddest part of all was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit when He asked me what part of the turkey was missing from that which was being served. That was easy - it was the head! My heart nearly broke when I heard the Holy Spirit say, “That is right. It seems the head of the body is missing in My church as well. Christ Jesus is the Head and yet the “body” is so busy eating of the parts they favor, even fighting over who gets the best parts, the Head isn’t missed at all.” The Holy Spirit went on to say, “Jesus said that ‘the world would know that You are My disciples by the love you have one for another.’ Yet the body has failed to walk in that love one towards another and have rather become like buzzards picking at the carcass, inflicting wounds upon itself. Rather than allowing the Head to be the eyes, ears, mouth and guiding force, the body has been going around much like a chicken with it‘s head cut off or, like the turkey served on the platter, headless and serving up favored parts over others, not seeing the value of the whole.”

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus! We do want to acknowledge You as our Head, being like-minded with You. There is so much to learn about You and there is so much You desire to reveal about Yourself to us. Oh, help us to love one another as You have loved us so that the world would see You reflected in our being. Let us be one with You and one with each other knowing that everything else will fail but that love will endure forever. Please forgive us our pride and being quick to point out another’s error rather than lifting them in prayer and coming to You to see if perhaps it is us in error rather than them! Let us allow love to cover a multitude of sin and trust that You can lead Your people better than we can! Let us first examine ourselves before so quick to cast the first stone at a brother or sister in Christ. Lord, a saying is coming to mind that was taught to me by my mother. Though it is not Scriptural it holds much wisdom, “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” We should hold our tongue unless we are certain it is You guiding us to speak on Your behalf. We know You chasten those You love. But often times what we see taking place within the body of Christ comes more from frustration than it does from revelation. Oh, I know I have done this. Please forgive me, Lord. And please forgive my brothers and sisters in Christ. And help us to be Your body, with You as our Head, in Your sweet name I pray. Amen.

Humbled and needing Him so much,
Joan
Anonymous User
Re: Pickin' and Choosin'
September 02, 2008 09:28AM
The New Testament tells us that we are not to be conformed to this world but that we are to be transformed by the renewing of our mind (see Romans 12:2).

Scripture tells us of being salt and light to the world. Something that is transformed is something that is changed. The prefix trans - means “above and beyond.” We are to be above and beyond the standards of this world, not in the sense that we are to elevate ourselves in lofty status above everybody else, but that we are called to a more excellent way of life.

Many Christians have a tendency to completely withdraw from the world, like Paul did when he went to Arabia for example, or they might have a desire to be so far removed from the stains and the pollution of this world that they become monastic (reclusive, monk-like) in their thinking - withdrawing, stepping out of the world altogether.

I believe Christians do not reach full maturity until they reenter the world and embrace the world again, not in its worldliness and its ungodly patterns, but as the theater and the arena of God’s redemption. That’s what Jesus did; he went into the world in order to save the world. This world is the world that God has committed himself to renew and redeem, and we are to participate in that with him.

Any thoughts?
Anonymous User
Re: Pickin' and Choosin'
September 02, 2008 01:23PM
Brother, I believe you have it right on. As I was reading your post this Scripture came to mind, "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." Yet there are many Christians quick to point out the error of others or, as you said, seclude themselves away from those who need saving!

We are called to be the body of Christ. That means we are His hands, His feet, His mouth, etc., etc., to share His Light in a lost and dying world and to bring comfort to one who is hurting, hope to those who are hopeless, food to those who are starving, and the list goes on. Jesus saw the physical needs of those He ministered to and did something about it. He did not just minister to their spirit and soul but He ministered to the three part being that we are; spirit, soul and body.

We are to be transformed into our Lords image so that we can represent Him on the earth, being His ambassadors. Until we see that a change needs to come to those who call Him as Lord first, and then bringing our transformed self with our minds renewed in Him to those in this world we will not see His kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. All of creation is waiting for the mature sons and daughters of God to arise and shine in this dark world, sharing Christ and God's love and mercy with a lost and dying world.

Receiving salvation through Christ Jesus is the first step for the believer, much as a child takes a first step. Just as a child does not stop there but continues to step out and grow, maturing and developing along the way, so are we as God's kids supposed to do the same until we come to the maturity in Christ that we are called to be and do.

Those are my thoughts on this matter. smiling smiley

God bless!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login