Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Greatest Husband Ever!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
The Greatest Husband Ever!
March 02, 2015 11:59AM
Being a couple of days behind in reading through the Bible in one year, I found myself in Numbers 30 this morning, the chapter which covers 'The Law Concerning Vows." Moses was speaking to the heads of the tribes in regards to the children of Israel telling them what the Lord had to say in regards to when a man makes a vow to the Lord or swears to an oath to bind himself by some agreement then that man is held responsible to keep that vow.

It then goes on to say that when a woman makes a vow to the Lord and binds herself by some agreement while she is in her father's house in her youth and her father is in hearing of that vow, then the father had the authority to either hold his peace and say nothing, making that vow binding or he can overrule that vow thus releasing her before God.

That was definitely interesting reading but what really caught my eye and my spirit was verse 13 of Numbers 30 which reads, "Every vow and every binding oath to afflict her soul, her husband may confirm it, or her husband may make it void." Suddenly an understanding was giving to something I had not understand for years. Praise be to God!

In Hebrew 7:25 we read, “Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them”. For sometime this verse caused confusion for me. I thought if Jesus is interceding on our behalf, then why do so many Christians suffer as they do? Surely our Lord's prayers reach our Heavenly Father's heart in no time flat, so what is the purpose of Jesus' interceding for us???

I believe Numbers 30:13 gives us some insight. Jesus is our husband. We are His bride/wife. As our husband and our covering, He hears the vows we make and the words we speak. Have you ever heard anyone saying (or yourself say, lets be honest), "I swear to God, if you do that one more time, I swear .....(fill in the blank). Or how about, "I swear to God, I can't take anymore!" Then there is, Oh, there are many things we can add to this list. Just take a few minutes to remember some of the foolish curses we have made about others and ourselves, presenting them before God. Words have power. But then comes Jesus. Praise be to God for Jesus!!! As our Husband who hears these foolish vows and curses that we speak, He goes before God and says, "Father, I intercede on Joan's (add your name here, too) behalf and call those words she has carelessly said and make them void." Oh, hallelujah! Thank You, Jesus! Isn't that amazing? Isn't He the best Husband ever?! You can bet your life on it. He is faithful. And since He died to give us eternal life and continues to intercede on our behalf, we can trust that He has our best interest in mind and heart.

Holy One, we thank You for all You have done for us. Truly You are our All in all. We ask that You continue to reveal Yourself to us and Your desire to touch all areas of our lives that we might live a life that is a blessing to You and a blessing to others for Your glory and honor, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

By the way, to those woman who feel that God did not hold women in high esteem, I find it so tender and loving that God always found a covering for women both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament. As we read in Numbers, our Heavenly Father gave women covering through their earthly father and then a covering through their earthly husband's. In the New Testament, if we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior and are faithful to follow after Him, we become His bride and He our Bridegroom, giving us (the Bride of Christ) the best Covering of all!

Thankful to be His bride,
Joan Bowe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login