Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Days of Awe - Day 2

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Days of Awe - Day 2
September 23, 2017 01:48PM
Ten Days of Awe - Day 2

Good Morning, Heavenly Father. It is rather windy today and as I look upon the swaying branches I am reminded how we do not see the wind but we are aware of the wind being there by its affect. Today the wind is apparent by the trees that are moving in its power. The wind can be likened to You, Holy One. Though we do not see You, Your presence is with us. Sometimes we see it in a gentle breeze, perhaps a smile given to us when we are down or an encouraging word when most needed. I know many would argue that the wind can also be destructive I know that You are a loving God and it is the enemy which uses that which You are and created to counterfeit it and use it for harm, to steal, kill and destroy. Even in that, Father, You sent Your Son that we would not be caught up in the enemy's entanglement but to be set free through Jesus Christ.

Father, one only needs to look at nature around us, the beauty and majesty of it all, set forth by Your hand. Truly, You are worthy of all glory, honor and praise. You would think that we would be so grateful to You that we would strive to do all You ask of us, knowing it is for our own good. But, Abba, we fall so short of this. Please forgive me/us for not putting You first in every thing I/we think or do. I/we are to be like minded with Christ and doing only what He did for He only did what He saw You do. Growing up I can remember the fear of the Lord being instilled in us. We had a healthy reverence of You, dear God, or else the consequences of punishment befell us. That kept us in check. That made us strive to do better and to turn from sin. It didn't always work. Sometimes our flesh can speak out much louder than we would like. But then came the consequences and we repented once more. It seems as time went by less and less notice was given to You. The tithe to You of the week was going to church. Surely that was enough respect rendered to You. Indeed not! But that is what it slipped into and then more darkness came upon the earth. Oh, Holy One, please forgive me/us for placing You as a small part of our agenda. Forgive/me us for allowing You to be taken from the schools, business, government, even family. I/We repent before You, asking for Your forgiveness and Your help to turn this nation back to You, in Jesus' sweet Name. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login