Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Days of Awe - Day 7

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Days of Awe - Day 7
September 27, 2017 02:29PM
Days of Awe - Day 7

Precious Lord, these days of reflection and repentance have been very humbling and I just want to praise You for that. How You long for us to spend time with You and we need not wait to a "special" time to do so. Every day, every moment is an opportunity to come before You, to declare and receive Your goodness, Your love, Your mercy and Your grace. Because of Christ Jesus we can fellowship with You just like Adam and Eve did so long ago. You created us for Your good pleasure, to spend time with You and to come to know You, Your heart and Your will for us. Thank You for being a good, good Father.

Yesterday I stated that I/we had a long way to go to fulfill the Commandments Jesus gave us. Doing a word search today, found that the word "love" in both of these two commandments is the Greek word "agape" and it stands for the highest form of love, Your love. We see it defined in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8:

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

This is the love we are to have towards You and towards our neighbor and it can only be achieved when we have You living in our hearts through Christ Jesus and we allow Your love and Your will to have precedence over our own. Sounds like an impossible task but with Christ Jesus all things are possible. And it doesn't come by power or might, it doesn't come because we are strong and capable to achieve it. It comes through the Holy Spirit that teaches and guides us in learning the truth that is found in Your Word, that Word that became flesh that we might eat of it, feast upon it, and become like Him. This is how You have blessed us through Him, not only for salvation and restoration to You but also through the new birth so that we might become like Him and share Christ Jesus with others, that they might receive Him and in turn begin the process of being transformed into His image so that others might be restored back to You through them. This is meant to be our journey here upon the earth, generation after generation until Jesus' return. That takes it to the simplicity of Your Word and the magnificence of Your love.

Holy One, please teach me/us about Your love towards us and others so that we can love like You love. Teach us the fullness of that love and guide us by Your Spirit each and every day of our lives for Your glory and honor, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login