Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lakeland and Todd Bentley

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Lakeland and Todd Bentley
August 21, 2008 11:51AM
As most of us know, Todd Bentley has stepped down from Fresh Fire Ministries. He and his wife have seperated. Many tongues are wagging. What started out as a beautiful flow of the Holy Spirit in Lakeland now stands to be seen "in the eye of the beholder."

When news of Todd's seperation from his wife, Shonnah, came to my attention my heart was very heavy for this precious brother and sister in Christ. There is no doubt in my mind that God mightily used Todd as His vessel to ignite a fire in the hearts of God's people that had turned to embers or all but been put out before the Lakeland Healing Revival began. My husband and I personally witnessed lives being changed at the outpouring and those with any spiritual perception knew that the Holy Spirit was flowing in a powerful way. It was because of the sacrifice and cost, the love and deep desire to see God's people come back to Him and walking in the full gospel teachings, that Todd Bentley was able to stand as God's vessel. This tatooed, pierced and casual casually dressed man could have easily packed up his bags after his initial commitment to Ignited Fire Church was done and headed back home to Canada. In the natural he had fulfilled what he said he would do at Lakeland, Florida. He had other commitments before him. Going home and getting some rest must have learned very appealing to him. But then the Lord spoke to his heart and the rest is history. If God had spoken to you or me, I wonder what our response would have been. "Lord, I am too busy now" or, "Lord, let me come back later. I need to rest." We would do well to check our own hearts before being so quick to judge another's. The fact is, God didn't call your or me. He called Todd Bentley and, in so doing, He put a great responsibility of a mere man, a man with strengths and weaknesses just like the rest of us. But more importantly, Todd Bentley was a man willing to do whatever God asked of him, no matter the cost. Can we say the same about ourselves. Personally, I know I could not. I sure want to lay everything down for the Lord but my flesh is still too weak. Haven't allowed the flesh to die fully so that Christ can live completely in me. So when I look at a man like Todd Bentley, Stephen Strader, John G. Lake, etc., etc. I respect them greatly for they have paid a cost I have not yet paid to see God's will done on the earth as it is in heaven. Put I don't put them on a pedestal for I know they are mere men with faults and weaknesses just like the rest of us. Yet, I know they have a passion for our Lord that exceeds their own wants and needs - or else God wouldn't be able to us them. And I am mindful that they are open prey for the enemy, targets of his hate and evil plans to steal, kill and destroy. We must never, ever forget this. Whomever God uses for His plans we can be sure the enemy is going to attack them on all sides. That is why we must, as brothers and sisters in Christ, lift up in prayer those in are in roles of leadership and authority. We have fallen far short of this and we need to repent.

Back to Lakeland and Todd Bentley. Many hearing of the news of the seperation between the Bentley's and Todd stepping down from Fresh Fire have been quick to judge the situation without knowing all the details. Some who trusted that God was moving through Lakeland are now questioning if it really was of God because they are looking at God's vessel, Todd, rather than God Himself. While spending time with the Lord this morning my heart was turned to Todd and Shonnah only able to imagine the heartache they are feeling at this time. Was Todd unfaithful to Shonnah? I do not know. It is a possibility. After all, the spirit of Jezebel goes after those who walk in the prophetic anointing and who are doing the will of God. Oh, Lord, these precious lives are in shambles and it is not Your will that it be so!

Then the Holy Spirit brought to my remembrance the post I did on our second visit to Lakeland, Florida. Our first visit there was like the honeymoon stage of a commited life to another. The second trip was like the marriage, with its ups and downs. The Holy Spirit was showing me that this was symbolic of what has begun in Lakeland and what can grow from it, if we are commited to the things of God.

The first stage of Lakeland was the honeymoon stage. It was time of such sweet blessings and fellowship with the Lord and one another. The Lord's presence was so thick, so real, so incredible!!! But now we have left the honeymoon stage and have entered the marriage stage, the place where the rubber meets the road, if you will, and where vows of commitment are tested and tried. God is seeking those who will not be moved by what others are saying but rather seek His heart in the matter. The Lakeland Healing Revival is a blessing from the Lord. He brought it to pass, not Todd Bentley. While we are grateful for Todd's willingness to pay the price so that God's will could be done on earth as it is in heaven, we are to keep our eyes upon Jesus, our Beloved, for God is testing our commitment to Him. Just what the enemy has done to Todd and Shonna's marriage, satan is now trying to do with the body of Christ, bring division and separation in it's ranks. Saints, it should not be so!!! God is moving marvelously upon the earth. Let not your faith be shaken regarding this great move of God that is taking place in Lakeland, Florida and all over the earth. Focus on Jesus, the lover of your soul. Trust God's Word for it is true. Stay commited to the things of God and allow Him to use you as His vessel, though you be flawed and weak. In His hands you become a masterpiece, fit for the Master's use. Hallelujah!

As for Todd and Shonnah, we lift them in prayer. We mourn in their sorrow and look to the day when their marriage and lives are restored together for the glory of our God who has brought these two together. Let not man, let not one of us rejoice in the separation of what God has joined together. Let us hold this brother and sister close to our hearts and let us pray for complete restoration to come quickly to them, that true repentance come and that their marriage be stronger for it, speaking for that which the enemy meant for harm God will turn to good in their lives for these are dear saints who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.

Let us pray for more compassion and love toward others. Let us ask for wisdom and understanding. May passion for Christ Jesus reach a new level in our lives. Let us pray that God's kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. And let us ask the Holy Spirit to teach us to live our lives as Jesus lives His, for the glory of our heavenly Father, seeking His will and not our own. Oh let us be transformed into the image of our Lord, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen and amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login