Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dream after the elections

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Dream after the elections
November 07, 2008 10:06AM
Dear Saints,

I don't know how many Christians out there were discouraged by the results of Tuesday's elections but I was one of them. When I heard that Obama was our new president elect I began to cry (emotions were running high as I'd had a hectic day, trying to make sure Billy was able to vote as well which meant a couple of trips to the town hall and to the hospital he is at). The results of the election sure didn't come out the way I expected. Thus the tears. So I asked the Lord to speak words of comfort to me (at least that was my hope) through His Word so I opened the Bible by the leading of the Holy Spirit and was surprised to find myself looking at "Hosea". Uh, God tells Hosea to take for himself a wife of harlotry and children of harlotry: "for the land has committed great harlotry by departing from the Lord" (Hosea 1:2). Now if I wasn't feeling sad before, this definately did it for me! More tears and more pray continued to the Lord before falling off to sleep.

The thing is, I had a dream sometime during the night/early morning. In the dream I was campaigning for McCain/Palin and was in a large room with others who were rooting for them. When the news came that Obama was going to be our next president great sadness filled the room. Next thing I know Senator Obama comes over to me and asks if I would please share these words with the people. I do not know exactly what the words were but I knew that they were sincere and so I shared them with the people in the room. Then a sister in Christ came up to me and asked me what I was doing, as if I had lost my mind! This particular sister in Christ was one who had a judgmental spirit and sometimes lacked the mercy and grace of God towards others that had been extended to us through Christ Jesus. I told her that I believed Obama was being sincere with the words he asked me to speak and that is why I shared them. That was all that I can remember of the dream other than the fact that I had a peace within me that had not been there before. I believe that dream was from the Lord because it was quite contrary to what or how I had felt before falling asleep that night.

I knew the Lord was encouraging me and others in the body of Christ to not lose hope in the days ahead. This was further shown by a devotional that morning that I placed in our website (you can read it here: [sos-love.net]). We are going to have difficult times ahead. But like Jesus in the boat during a raging storm, let us remain at peace knowing who our God is and the plans He has for us. It is a time to draw even closer to Him than ever before and to trust that He is Who He says He is and can do what He says He can do, in and through us. He desires to do great things upon the earth in the days ahead. It is in the times of trials and tribulations that man is more prone to turn to Him. There will be great need in the days ahead and we who are His must help others by leading them to Christ. Amen? Amen! To God be the glory, now and forever more! Though the world will shake around us, those who are are truly His will be found "solid, upon The Rock!" Hallelujah!!!

Resting in Him,
Joan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login